“Warm welcoming evening meal”

Comrie Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Comrie
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We visited as a family for a Sunday evening dinner. We had walked in heavy rain so arriving and sitting by the fire was lovely. The lady who served us was really friendly. My partner and I had steak pie and son had macaroni all of which were lovely then it was sticky toffee pudding and creme brûlée for dessert, again all lovely. Great food great service. We will be back.

There are newer reviews for Comrie Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed 10 March 2014

stopped here sunday 9th march for lunch while driving through nice light airy surroundings steak pie chips and veg was really good my wife enjoyed the macaroni the staff were efficient and nice pricewise slightly more than we are used to paying but I would go back here next time we are passing through

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a great meal in here while on a New Year break in a cottage up the road. Staff were fantastic, friendly without being obtrusive, and nothing was too much trouble. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven (as did hubbie) when we tasted our starters. Now, I can't even remember what it was called but it had mushrooms, garlic and cheese in it and it was bloomin' awesome - if they offered it as a main course I would have had it for my main too! However, being a sensible lass I stuck with their fish and chips, which (as the song says) was truly scrumptious; batter was crispy and light and the chips were good and chunky. The décor in the dining room was beautifully festive with red and white table covers which matched the red wood burning stove and made the room very inviting. Having ate our fill we didn't have room for pud so opted to finish our meal with some coffee. All in all it was a smashing meal and we would definitely recommend the Comrie Hotel.

1  Thank Meeklymilli
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stopped off to have a light lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and timeliness of service. The steak pie (they call it Velvet Pie) was delicious along with the veg that was served.
The restaurant is in a nice room with a very welcoming log fire. It was just a nice afternoon lunch.

2  Thank KieranG
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Food was good, nothing super special though. We were there twice as my aunt likes the disabled access. 5 people for carvery + 1 drink for the three adults was £100. Chef is Scottish but the proprietors are Spanish I think? English language is not their strongest asset. There were a few challenges with being understood about what we wanted. It is a family run operation and I sensed that they were all new to serving in a restaurant. Maybe that will change with some experience. If you like frozen chips this is the place for you. Chips come with the meal as an added side with some boiled veg. Most dishes also come with chips. Chips chips and some more chips. It was a chipapalooza! My wife wasn't too interested in chips after eating her mashed potatoes with her meal.

comriehotel, Owner at Comrie Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Here at The Comrie Hotel we thank you for your review regarding the recent meals you had in our restaurant.
We always welcome constructive feedback and comments from our diners, and were pleased that you rated us 4/5.
However, you raised some points that I would like to take this opportunity to address.
1. I was surprised upon seeing that your bill amounted to £100 for 5 meals + 1 drink for 3 adults. However, because your aunt is a regular customer and paid for both meals, made it easier for me to refer back to your food checks. I see that the actual cost was £90.40. Five all-you-can-eat carveries @ £15.95, plus one pint of lager, one large red wine and one soft drink. Upon checking the second order that was placed, you had four starters and five main courses. I noted that your drinks included two Bunnahabhian twelve year old malt whiskies, 2 pints of beer and one soft drink. The cost was £90.75. The Comrie Hotel enjoys a reputation for being “Good value for Money”.
2. We consider ourselves lucky that some of our staff are multi- lingual. We have received many positive comments in the past from overseas visitors who have been able to communicate in their own language; they have all said this is a positive attribute to the service we give. Although our chef is very happy living in Scotland, he is in fact an articulate Englishman, and as for myself as the proprietor, far from being Spanish I actually originate from the Shetland Islands.
3. Your comment regarding your meal being a “chipapalooza” was more worrying and perplexing. It is important I reassure you that frozen chips ARE NEVER SERVED from our kitchen, they are always hand cut from fresh potatoes and freshly fried. The potatoes you ate were Assured Produce, The Growing Partnership from Farm Menu No. 2096.
Due to our scenic location here in Scotland, we are very fortunate to welcome visitors from across the world. Having said that, we highly value custom from our local community, like your Aunt.
I do hope by addressing your areas of concern, we have been able to answer and clarify the points you made.
We constantly strive to improve the experience for all who visit The Comrie Hotel, either as a guest or a diner in our restaurant, and we look forward to serving you when you visit again.