“LOVED IT”

Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Comrie
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Visited about 3 years ago, and decided to visit again as we really enjoyed the last visit.
Arrived at 10am lovely empty car park, so got parked near the entrance , took my partner (41)
Myself (?) daughter (9) and my mother (74). Stopped for a coffee first before seeing the animals and the staff in cafe are so polite and very friendly,
Really impressed with the entrance cost as it was cheaper for my mother and daughter, ( been to a place in east lothian and you all pay the same price)
So that was the first bonus.
We loved seeing the animals who are very happy and well looked after
We decided to try the fishing in the big pond and even though we never got a fish we all thoroughly enjoyed trying, weather was brilliant too!
We had a picnic at the bottom pond which was very peaceful.
We left at 4pm, and we all agree that auchingarrich is a wee hidden gem of a place
Would love to see more animals at the top of the hill beside the deer???
We will be back again, just brilliant

1  Thank fthomson805

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stopped by on a cycle for lunch and was impressed. Not the cheapest food but we were happy to pay what we did as we enjoyed it so much. We both got a baguette and soup, which came with salad, coleslaw and crisps on the side. My partner got the brie and bacon baguette with tomato soup and I got the goats cheese and red onion baguette with lentil soup. Very tasty, would definitely stop by for lunch again!

Auchingarrich, Owner at Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

So glad you enjoyed the café and I think this is the first review purely to cover this area. We try to source as much of our fresh ingredients locally and provide a variety to suit our customer base so it is good to hear that our efforts are appreciated. Hope to see you on your next cycle ride in Perthshire. Many thanks.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My grand daughters had a great time they enjoyed seeing the animals and the pony rides, the youngest one did not have a ticket for the pony ride because she did not want one but then changed her mind and the lady was very kind and let her have her ride she loved it, she did say Ellie had to have extra carrots too.The food was great and the girls enjoyed the play area's. The only problem I had was the number of mothers that toook boys into the ladies toilets they were not toddlers or babies they were about the same age as my eldest granddaughter who is 8yrs, I had to explain that this was wrong because when they go out with daddy he cant take them into the toiles he has to use the toddler/ baby toilet this should be addresse, apart from that a great day was had by all.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and for pointing out the issue with the toilets. This is the first time that this has been an issue for us so I have asked my staff to "keep watch" whilst doing their regular clean-through duties and I'm preparing signage to go up at the entrance door to the ladies toilets. Thank you for letting us know and many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have previously been to Auchingarrich and although it was great then, I would say its even better a year on. The enclosures are well laid out and the animals were interesting in the variety. The various sections of the centre we experienced through the eyes of a 3 year old and 6 month old were enjoyed, including;

Indoor play area - which is big enough to be interesting but not too big to keep them in all day
Cafe - The food was lovely and suitable to all tastes
Outdoor playpark(s) - Yes there is more than one and there something for every age and taste with lots of room even on a busy day like we experienced
Tractor park - there is a nicely Tarmac area for pedal tractor driving and I witnessed that adults can even work one
Pony ride - if you order on your way in, you can get a short ride for your little one. Our 3 year old LOVED "Ella" his first pony ride.
Hatchery - it was great to see little chicks hatching and to old the new little ones, especially for our son to be able to get involved. He also loved milking the cow (note not real).
Animals - the animals were great with national and international species, all well cared for and interesting. Our highlight included the Highland baby cow "Matilda" and her room mate a little lamb. You can even feed a number of the animals!

My only point for improvement would be that at the upper end of the park at the top of the hill, it would be great to have more animals to make the walk up there more worthwhile. That said the park seems to be working hard to develop and it's probably in the plans.

The park is in a great setting, doing great things, in a open and flexible environment and the team at Auchingarrich are great. I recommend this park to anyone with children or is a child at heart, you'll not regret the trip there.

Thank you very much for the very detailed review and we are all extremely happy that you enjoyed your day with us and noticed the changes that we are making. The upper end of the park is in the pipeline although we have not decided fully on what we want to do with it. We lost quite a few of our animals up there to a fox (who was caught and re-homed last year) so it's an area that we need further discussions on. Plans this year are for some of the pens and fingers crossed a refurbished shop and party room / educational room for use in the winter months so hopefully you will visit us again to see these changes. Many thanks again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Arrived here with the kids thinking they are just a bit old for here at 10 and 12 in the end we all had a great day. Us old kids as well.
The food was of a reasonable quality and price with no pressure not to do your own thing. There were indoor options if it rained though I think this would have reduced the time we spent there. The staff were friendly and willing and the place clean and tidy.
We spent the best part of the day here, surprisingly as we hadn't intended to though very much a case of make of it what you will. We were willing and had a very enjoyable day.

Thank you from us all here at Auchingarrich, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back again some time. Many thanks.