“Fantastic lunch”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Comrie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch, the food was excellent and the staff polite, friendly but not obtrusive. Toilets clean, molton brown toiletries were a nice touch. Would recommend and definitely return

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a shooting party , the hotel is very cosy , rooms first class and dinner was excellent , great value for money and very homely , would stay again without doubt or even call in for a meal

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

we stayed in room 1, suite like in size with a sitting area, daybed and comfy armchair, The biggest surprise was having a log fire in the working fireplace. Comfortable superking ironwork four poster with blankets rather than a duvet. White tiled bathroom with molton brown toiletries and numerous towels of various shapes and sizes. Some wear and tear to the rugs and old fashioned furniture but this added to the charm. Only real criticism of the room was that the tv was miniscule
Pleasant bar and adjacent sitting area with another log fire
We were there on a sunday with few guests so that is probably why there was no fire on in the attractive library which had couches and armchairs. It was accordingly somewhat cold.
Dinner was,bar one course, of a good standard
the thai crab cakes were stuffed with crab and not overspiced and the dipping sauce had a chili bite to it. main dishes had fresh vegetables rather than frozen. The sticky toffee pudding and chocolate pudding were excellent. The only but was my steak and ale pie. Clearly made in house the pastry was not fully cooked and the chips overcooked. The meat itself was tender.
Breakfast on the other hand could not be faulted. The toast was hot which is not always the case in hotels. Excellent sausages, bacon and black pudding. Both my wife's fried egg and my scrambled were freshly made for us.
helpful staff and the barman wine waiter having actually drunk the wines we were interested in was able to recommend the one we chose which was spot on.House wines were just over £16 and our decent marlborough sauvignon blanc just over £22.
we will certainly be returning and cannot recommend room 1 too highly. Bed and breakfast for the two of us in that room was £180

Room Tip: it has to be room 1
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The ambience is good, the Staff are welcoming and friendly, definitely the best Breakfasts' I have encountered in UK - the Kitchen is to be complimented.

I enjoyed staying at this hotel, the Lounge and Bar areas have a Country House feel - warm, welcoming and intentionally old fashioned. One feels - just comfortable. What more can one say.
The open fire in the Lounge Bar was marvellous after the chill of the outside.

Comrie is well positioned for exploring Central Scotland and the Autumn colours at this time of the year are staggeringly beautiful. I travelled up Loch Earn past St Fillans and over to
Killin and there cannot be many places in the World that can be scenically more beautiful.

I would have rated this Excellent but for the Attic Room, no fault of the present owner, just the construction limitations of an old building. However I felt this should have been taken into account in the Tariff.

Room Tip: I was, unfortunately, on the top floor, Room 8. I gather the lower floor rooms are better, so req...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My son and i stayed at the Royal Hotel during a recent shooting trip to Scotland. The hotel staff was friendly and very attentive to our needs. One day I returned to my room to see two of my hunting pants had been laundered.

Food was very well prepared and every effort was made to make our stay exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had Sunday lunch here and I must say it was the best Sunday roast I have ever had. The beef was cooked to perfection and the yorkshire pudding...well words escape me! Topped off with a delicious homemade creme brulee served by the most attentive and polite staff I have come across in a long time. Thank you Royal Hotel I will certainly be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Hotel on the 9/10th Sept. - lovely room, welcoming staff and excellent food. Old fashioned Hotel with some lovely touches. Will certainly return. Ideal base for touring the Highlands.

R. Rees County Antrim

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comrie
The Four Seasons Hotel
#2 of 3 in Crieff
CLC Duchally Country Estate
CLC Duchally Country Estate
#2 of 3 in Auchterarder

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!