“Just ok, not the greatest”
Review of Kemp's Kamp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Kemp's Kamp
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here on our cross country trip. I called repeatedly to make sure we'd have a sight and the manager was very insistent that we be checked in before 8:30 so not to disturb the guests. We raced from Yellowstone to the camp and made it by 8:10 the checkin was very smooth and we had free choice of location. We chose a site far away from the road as we could but we still heard plenty of cars during the night. The site was purely dirt, which I guess is better than rocks but could've been nicer. Furthermore, for all the urging of being quite we heard music until about 11 that night. The showers were nice and warm and the pool looked nice as well. No serious complaints but overall the camp was just average

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank David C

Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

When I checked in, the process was quick and easy. I am tent camping and the sites are moderately sized but big enough. When I got up one morning, a flock of about twelve wild turkeys was 100 feet from my tent :) The pool temp is great, the owner is trusting (if you need ice and the office is closed, just pay me later). Rates are reasonable and the location as a base camp for me and my kids is great! I wish the laundry facility was bigger. I am a runner and the Old Hill City Rd. offers a nice run in either direction. If you're ever around during the day, the 1880 train passes by on the other side of the road.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Andrea O
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed in late July 2012. Had back in RV site off the road. The campground was quiet and clean. The ladies room was basic and clean. The men's room wasn't so great...he said it could have been cleaner but it was adequate. There was no hand soap provided in the bathrooms so bring your own.
If you're looking for a quiet base site to see Mount Rushmore and surrounding attractions, you should be happy here.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Like several other reviewers my problem is not with the camp or the location or the bathrooms. It is with the rude manager. The only thing he cares about is getting your money it is clear just by the cancellation policy. He was rude and unplesaent the entire time. I am a local to the area and he lost my business forever.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank SDTraveler62
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We camped here for one night in the tent camping area. There are quite a few tent sites that are right a long the road which we did not want. But, those sites have a covered picnic area which is an advantage. Our site was back a bit in from the road and was wooded. The area had quiet campers that night which was nice. We swam in the pool which was nice to have. The shower house is very basic, but that was fine. There is an area where you can climb our 12 yr old son enoyed that. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mauiwedding1997
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Our cabin was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning worked well which was needed. The owner was very helpful with advice and friendly. Our bed was comfortable and we loved the location. Close to everything. Pool a plus! Best vacation!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan K
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have camped here several times over the years & have always enjoyed the great location, which is smack in the center of the Black Hills. The owners are great & the rates are very reasonable. We always stay during Sturgis Rally Week, so the place is always packed with bikers & we like making new friends! We love riding the Black Hills & the closeness to Mt. rushmore & Custer State park. We also like the fact that Sturgis is a nice 60 mile ride & we love all the excitement of Sturgis, but are always happy to get back to our rustic campsite to get a good night's sleep, (far away from all the 'Sturgis Craziness). We can't say it enough! It's just a great place to stay! Ken & Shirl Vogt, Lake St. Louis, MO.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirl1953
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Holy Smoke Resort
#1 of 13 in Keystone
Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn
#5 of 13 in Keystone

Been to Kemp's Kamp? Share your experiences!