“A decent value in the middle of town.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mt. Rushmore's Washington Inn & Suites

Mt. Rushmore's Washington Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
baton rouge, la
“A decent value in the middle of town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

Let me first say, my room 104 I think, was very small and it was a handicapped room with a roll in shower, which I did not need, but we were told it was not handicapped, just made that way, which I find out not true now. The bath was large due to handicapped, almost as large as the room. We did have a king bed and it was very clean, but the room has to be about 10 x 12, as it took up the entire room. We were very tired, as had just flown into Rapid City, so just needed a place quickly. I can say I like the fact it was clean and our room was surprisingly quiet, even though it was a down and out room. It is just me, as I prefer a bathtub, but was told it was more than the $79.00 we paid. Good for a short stay and welcoming staff and free coffee, but no breakfast was offered.

Room Tip: Book an internet rate, dont just walkin.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cherrychipc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We stayed here 2 nights in May 2011 to see Mt Rushmore and Badlands...I hadn't read any of the reviews but we were pretty impressed, so perhaps they have had a management change recently? We found the staff friendly, one of them even let me use their washing machine and dryer after saying the Keystone laundry was closed. I was impressed as I really needed to wash my babies' clothes, so I appreciated him helping me out. I would recommend this place. Didn't have an issue with parking as it was quiet season but could imagine it could be a problem if busier.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lsnelly
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

We paid $49.95 for 4 adults in October, which even in off-season was a good deal. You have to ask for the internet special to get it that cheap & they may only have so many rooms for that price. Our room was TINY. 2 double beds pressed up against the walls with only small walking area between the 2 beds. This room size would have been much better for a king bed. We didn't spend much time in our room, but still not real comfortable with 4 adults - wouldn't have been so bad with only 2 adults. Our room was clean & no complaints on the service. However, will definitely agree with other reviews that parking is an issue. They don't really have enough parking spaces for all the rooms & they're so close, I'd bet they have several accidents & dings per season. I would never pay peak season prices to stay here when we've stayed in nearby Hill City (Comfort Inn & Best Western) for same prices as Keystone & very nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tm5263
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

This hotel was really nice. They have breakfast in the adjacent restaurant. The beds were nice, average. I stayed in a room that had a little seating area, and a kitchenette, and it was really convenient! It came with plates, glasses, utensils, everything! There's free wi-fi, and it's literally a ten minute drive to Mr. Rushmore.

Keystone is a beautiful city, and if I ever go back I will definitely stay here again. There's a small laundromat down the road near the gas station. And the local bars are fun!

• Stayed August 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

The room was dirty - there was a huge stain on the carpet, the bathroom floor was dirty(and it was so very small), there were potato chips on the floor by the bed and the parking, well, forget it. Not enough spaces for the amount of guests. The pictures on the internet showed wonderful rooms - NOT! They don't even supply shampoo.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbyah

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I booked this hotel for my Husband. The suite he had was terribly dirty, had not been vacuumed and then he found a used "item" in his bed. UGGGHHH! When he went down to the front desk to complain the manager only offered to reduce his bill by $10.00. No apology nothing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank tamharris
Decatur, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

Steer clear of this one! Hotel staff are awful. Rude, acted like we were nothing more than an imposition. Parking is rediculus. Not NEARLY enough spaces for the amt. of rooms and the spaces they do have are too small for most cars. They said we could park under the canopy as we were on a motorcycle. Then asked two times to move and it was raining. (no signs stating "no parking" either) We gave up one spot to another guest who had 5 little girls because they had a big SUV, they'd come a long way and it was late when they arrived. After angering us and the other people we were traveling with over the parking issue, I actually saw this same rude hotel clerk laughing in the lobby while one of our friends moved his motorcycle out into the rain. Unbelievable. NOT cool. Other hotel guests told us the next morning that they'd seen and heard the whole thing and would not be returning ~ thought the hotel clerk we had to deal with was a real jerk. In addition, our room was filthy. Carpet was stained, no shower amenities, live cock roach in the bathroom, beds were shoved up against either wall w/a small space in between. NOT remodeled that I could see and cramped. Very outdated. No coffee maker, no breakfast. TV kept going in and out. Our friends said their sheets were dirty too. Plus, I discovered after returning home that I'd left 2 charms I'd purchased at Devil's tower IN our room on the bed we never used. I immediately called the hotel and the clerk said she'd ask the cleaning people and call me back. Never happened. I waited over a week and called again. She remembered my call but no apology for lack of follow-up. It came as no shock that nothing was ever turned in. VERY unfriendly place. Go somewhere else if you want a better experience in Keystone! This place absolutely does NOT grasp the concept of what working in the "service industry" is supposed to be. Customer Service is non-existent and no one cares, they just want your money. WILL NOT GO BACK.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple