“Nice hideaway from the bustle” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins
Houston
“Nice hideaway from the bustle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed for 5nights in July in cabin 6. Kids loved the layout and we enjoyed being away from the more touristy options. The owners are very friendly and helpful with suggestions. We normally stay in 5 star hotel accommodations but we really enjoyed the change of pace. Our cabin was very clean and we took advantage of the playground, fire pit, and deck.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cairo, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at Rustic Ridge for a week in July 2012. My husband, myself and our four children ages 8, 10, 12, 14. It was perfect, we were in Cabin #1 which was right next to the highway. We did not notice any noise and everyone slept just fine. You are so close to so many attractions but yet the cabin was so peaceful. We have already recommended Rustic Ridge to several of our friends. It is a great place to spend time with your family and enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay, the turn into Rustic Ridge off the highway sneaks up on you. We missed it th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Renee H
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I were traveling cross country with our adult daughter. We spent one night in the Hunters Haven cabin. Positives: The owners seem like lovely people! The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated - quite attractive. The beds were very comfortable. The cabin is well-located if you want to avoid the highly commercialized nature of Keystone and seems sufficiently central to most of the Black Hills attractions. Drawbacks: Our cabin was in the group nearest the road and there was some traffic noise if that is a problem for you. The door to the bedroom was ill-fitting so did not close; the bathroom doors were difficult. We were there in the fall so the flies were moving inside and, with the cathedral ceiling, were hard to kill. You should also be aware that the steps to the loft were fairly steep though that was not a problem for us. In summary, for me, the positives outweighed the drawbacks. Adding in the economical price, the Rustic Cabins are certainly worth consideration.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NewYorkAnne
Hazlet, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

These Cabins were unbelievable. Sparkingling Clean, everything you need to stay, centrally located for all of the attractions near Keystone. The Cabins are really nice and very comfortable. It was quiet and the owners Jim and Crystal are terrific. There were four adults in our party, and we stayed in Mountain Shadows, Cabin #5. There was more than enough room for the four of us, and you can either cook, or go out for meals. The beds were very comfortable. I would recomend this property very highly. We absolutely loved this property.

Room Tip: The Cabins on the top of the ridge were futher from the road, but any of the cabins would be a great...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JAT109
moore, ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I just want to say everything about our stay was wonderful! we traveled up to SD on our way to Bismarck with my mother in law. We stayed in Cabin #6 and it was beautiful, lots of room and everything we needed to enjoy our 4 night stay. The owners Jim and Crystal are very nice and we enjoyed talking with them. I am glad when i made reservations Crystal mentioned staying 1 extra night before heading to Bismarck it worked out perfect (although we still didn't get to do everything we wanted guess we will have to go back!) If you choose anywhere in Keystone to stay i recommend Rustic Ridge!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rjsmom98
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was traveling with a small dog in the middle of October and all I couldn't find a hotel in the area that allowed pets, so I moved to searching for a small cabin. I can't tell you how glad I am the hotels didn't allow pets, because I would never have found Rustic Ridge.

After looking at a few other cabins online, I decided to stay at Rustic Ridge based on price, reviews, and customer service (prompt response from my initial inquiry). And Rustic Ridge is open year round, which I can't say for other properties in the area, since it seems like most places shut down in mid October.

I stayed in cabin #5, a cute cabin with more than enough space for me, my BF and our dog. The cabin was very clean, very quiet, and very comfortable (3 of my must haves, since I'm used to staying at 4-5 star hotels/resorts). Both Crystal & Jim (the owners) were extremely nice and they let us be during our 2 night stay. The cabin was well equipped and well stocked with extra towels, blankets, and pillows.

Since I was in cabin #5 (one of 3 cabins that sit higher on the property), the road noise was not a problem, as I couldn't even hear it. But even if I did stay in one of the lower cabins, I can't imagine it would be all that loud from the amount of traffic on the road at night. Each cabin has a dedicated parking spot, which I found to be a nice little bonus.

I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area (and maybe I will head back to the Keystone area just to get another Big Time Pizza - best pizza ever!).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori213
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was a fabulous place to stay. We rented cabin #5 & it was perfect for our family. Kids slept in the loft and loved it! Owner were super nice and friendly - even came down to check on us & brought fresh towels. Cabin was super cute and very clean. also perfectly located - 10 min. from Mt. Rushmore and Peter Norbeck Hwy, 30 min. from Crazy Horse, 1 hr from Jewel cave. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kjfort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Mountain View Lodge & Cabins
The Lodge at Mount Rushmore
Powder House Lodge
Powder House Lodge
#1 of 8 in Keystone

Been to Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!