“Clean, comfortable, friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins for 5 nights at the end of July, first part of August 2013. Two adults and two children (ages 10 and 12) made up our traveling party. We will definitely stay here again. The location of this property is centrally located to everything; Mt. Rushmore, Bear Country USA, Reptile Gardens, Needles Hwy Scenic Drive, Wineries, Keystone, and even a local supermarket. We were welcomed by Jim and Crystal around 5 pm. Our cabin was stocked with plenty of towels, extra blankets, plenty of pillows, and sparkling with cleanliness. All items provided in the kitchen were more than sufficient including grilling tools and even a lighter for the grill. The cabin even had a porch swing, perfect for an evening glass of wine or a morning coffee. Our own dedicated parking space was an added plus. On the day of our departure, our car wouldn't start and out came Jim to the rescue with the jumper cables. Please consider giving Jim and Crystal at Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins your business. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed for 5nights in July in cabin 6. Kids loved the layout and we enjoyed being away from the more touristy options. The owners are very friendly and helpful with suggestions. We normally stay in 5 star hotel accommodations but we really enjoyed the change of pace. Our cabin was very clean and we took advantage of the playground, fire pit, and deck.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed at Rustic Ridge for a week in July 2012. My husband, myself and our four children ages 8, 10, 12, 14. It was perfect, we were in Cabin #1 which was right next to the highway. We did not notice any noise and everyone slept just fine. You are so close to so many attractions but yet the cabin was so peaceful. We have already recommended Rustic Ridge to several of our friends. It is a great place to spend time with your family and enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay, the turn into Rustic Ridge off the highway sneaks up on you. We missed it th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Renee H
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I were traveling cross country with our adult daughter. We spent one night in the Hunters Haven cabin. Positives: The owners seem like lovely people! The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated - quite attractive. The beds were very comfortable. The cabin is well-located if you want to avoid the highly commercialized nature of Keystone and seems sufficiently central to most of the Black Hills attractions. Drawbacks: Our cabin was in the group nearest the road and there was some traffic noise if that is a problem for you. The door to the bedroom was ill-fitting so did not close; the bathroom doors were difficult. We were there in the fall so the flies were moving inside and, with the cathedral ceiling, were hard to kill. You should also be aware that the steps to the loft were fairly steep though that was not a problem for us. In summary, for me, the positives outweighed the drawbacks. Adding in the economical price, the Rustic Cabins are certainly worth consideration.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NewYorkAnne
Reviewed 7 August 2012

These Cabins were unbelievable. Sparkingling Clean, everything you need to stay, centrally located for all of the attractions near Keystone. The Cabins are really nice and very comfortable. It was quiet and the owners Jim and Crystal are terrific. There were four adults in our party, and we stayed in Mountain Shadows, Cabin #5. There was more than enough room for the four of us, and you can either cook, or go out for meals. The beds were very comfortable. I would recomend this property very highly. We absolutely loved this property.

Room Tip: The Cabins on the top of the ridge were futher from the road, but any of the cabins would be a great...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JAT109
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I just want to say everything about our stay was wonderful! we traveled up to SD on our way to Bismarck with my mother in law. We stayed in Cabin #6 and it was beautiful, lots of room and everything we needed to enjoy our 4 night stay. The owners Jim and Crystal are very nice and we enjoyed talking with them. I am glad when i made reservations Crystal mentioned staying 1 extra night before heading to Bismarck it worked out perfect (although we still didn't get to do everything we wanted guess we will have to go back!) If you choose anywhere in Keystone to stay i recommend Rustic Ridge!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rjsmom98
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was traveling with a small dog in the middle of October and all I couldn't find a hotel in the area that allowed pets, so I moved to searching for a small cabin. I can't tell you how glad I am the hotels didn't allow pets, because I would never have found Rustic Ridge.

After looking at a few other cabins online, I decided to stay at Rustic Ridge based on price, reviews, and customer service (prompt response from my initial inquiry). And Rustic Ridge is open year round, which I can't say for other properties in the area, since it seems like most places shut down in mid October.

I stayed in cabin #5, a cute cabin with more than enough space for me, my BF and our dog. The cabin was very clean, very quiet, and very comfortable (3 of my must haves, since I'm used to staying at 4-5 star hotels/resorts). Both Crystal & Jim (the owners) were extremely nice and they let us be during our 2 night stay. The cabin was well equipped and well stocked with extra towels, blankets, and pillows.

Since I was in cabin #5 (one of 3 cabins that sit higher on the property), the road noise was not a problem, as I couldn't even hear it. But even if I did stay in one of the lower cabins, I can't imagine it would be all that loud from the amount of traffic on the road at night. Each cabin has a dedicated parking spot, which I found to be a nice little bonus.

I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area (and maybe I will head back to the Keystone area just to get another Big Time Pizza - best pizza ever!).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lori213
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
3 mi away
#2 of 10 in Keystone
K Bar S Lodge
K Bar S Lodge
#1 of 13 in Keystone

Been to Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!