“Eat here and you'll have no one to blame but yourself”

Rushmore All American Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Have you ever been in a situation where you exchange a glance with a complete stranger and you just know what each other is thinking? You are very likely to have that experience here. If you find yourself sitting in this "restaurant", there is a 92% chance that someone at a neighboring table will catch your eye, and you will telepathically and simultaneously say to each other, "Wow, this place is BAD."

Don't eat here. Don't even think about it.

3  Thank bdesmart

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Although this place looked promising from the outside, the menu was extremely limited and did not offer any healthy options for those who don't eat meat. Spending a lot of money on a grilled cheese and french fries and a hot dog for my son seemed like a bit of a rip off at this somewhat depressing establishment.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This place should be a nuclear waste facility......That should say it all.... Salad bar has no selection. Service was horrible. Pizza bar had one type of pizza. The whole idea that this place is some kind of restaurant is a joke. My wife and I have traveled to many states and eaten in many restaurants over the past 30 years...This place is the worse in all categories. Food, Service, Selection, and cleanliness are all TERRIBLE...

2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Health Dept. should have closed them down a long time ago! Taking tourists money and calling this a family restaurant! The first 15 out of 16 reviews were Negative! Come on! Wish I'd had internet before choosing our restaurant that evening. We went in at 5:20 p.m., after traveling 10 hrs. that day, hungry and tired. We always like a family or country restaurant in place of a chain. The place was nearly empty, no buffet, salad bar was wilted lettuce and no toppings; one of the worst bars I've seen. You'd think it was 8:30 p.m. The menu only had about 6 entrees for dinner, we just had chicken fried steak night before, so I chose sirloin steak and they had no baked potatoes because the morning shift refuses to bake them. This is what the waitress told us! Why would I have even wanted a 10 hr. old baked potato anyhow?? My husband ordered pizza. The meal took 40 min. to arrive. The pizza had nice cheese, very few pepperoni, but my husband wasn't eating it. He said it tastes burnt. We looked at bottom and the entire crust was Black crust and crumbly. Unbelievable. When she finally brought my plate of 1/4" dry sirloin, mashed potatoes w/brown chunks in it, a bowl of gravy skimmed top, ick, and plain green beans, we just looked up at each other and rolled our eyes. The steak was dead, flavorless; I chewed and chewed on 3 pcs. and had to remove them all to a napkin. That meal was unedible! The bowl of skim topped gravy was big enough to dump all food in and make a stew. ughhh. I never touched it. I called the waitress over and said tell the manager to come by, the cook burnt the pizza, and this meal is really bad. She tells me no manager on duty, she can do nothing, no discounts either. We sat and just looked at our awful plates until I went looking for an authority.
Same gal meets me and said her mother/manager is not in. I never heard of no manager on duty during hours and told her we would be leaving but need a discount. She said no, I can't. I said then I will go to the customer who just ordered the same thing as me, and tell her it is Terrible. I was NICE, and also calm. She told me "No, you won't, I'll throw you out." I said you don't have to throw us out, we are leaving - Hungry. I've been nice and we have traveled 10 hrs. and are tired and hungry, this meal will cost us over $30 and we cannot even eat it. She then offered it free. I said No, I did not come in here for a free meal. Someone has to pay for the food. I'll settle for 50% off; she agreed. Yuckkk, what a rude and terrible establishment in that tourist town of Keystone! And they own the family restaurant right across the street too with the same Negative reviews! Whattt? Stay away.

1  Thank talk2terry
Reviewed 18 September 2013

we had a late lunch here our first night and food was okay but nothing special. Service was slow and they weren't very busy - would not like to see it at busy time. Waitress forgot our beverages until she served food.