“Dinner date”

Big Time Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: At this time we do not have delivery, but it is worth taking out, or dinning in!
“Dinner date”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The best pizza and service you will ever have. The waitress even came over and talk to is and was very friendly. The pizza have fresh vegetables on them and big pieces what a great night we had for date night.

2 Thank Mary M

Princeton, mn
“Friendly staff, good food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Big Time pizza had good reviews so we thought we would give it a chance. It's located under the Roosevelt Inn. Our waitress was from Jamacia and was very friendly. The restaurant was very clean and she continued the clean as our food cooked. When she needed to come near our table to sweep she first asked if that was okay with us. I just found her to be very sweet and kind. The beverages are self serve in the cooler near the front counter- I found that to be very odd. Our pizza was very good, soft crust, bubbly cheese. The price was good too. Would visit again!

Mc Lean
“Just plain rude!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I wish I could give the waitress negative stars, but Trip Advisor doesn't allow that. My family was excited to get to try this pizza because of the rave reviews, but couldn't get past the rude waitress. First of all, be prepared that this restaurant doesn't open until 12:30, so were waited about 10 minutes outside before a gentleman finally opened the door. The sign on the door says open 6 days a week, but nowhere could we find what day they were even closed. We visited on a Sunday, so we thought they might not even be open on that day, but they were there right at 12:30. The nice gentleman told us we could sit anywhere we wanted. so we chose to sit next to the television because the News was on and we had been gone for over a week wanting to check up on any kind of News we had missed. Even though we were the first ones in the building, the waitress went to wait on a family she apparently knew to take their order and to chat with them awhile before even acknowledging us. When she did eventually come to our table she had to explain to us the drink policy. (Apparently you have to purchase bottle drinks from the cooler.) So, she took our pizza order and brought cups of ice back to the table. Meanwhile the News station had mysteriously change to a country music station. My husband then asked the waitress if we could get the channel changed back because we really do not care for country music. She flat out and rudely said "No." I thought she was just joking, so I just grinned at her. She then said "I always listen to country in here and I get what I want." She then told us we could move to a different table, but when we didn't move right away she asked us if we just wanted her to cancel our order so we could leave! Flabbergasted by her rudeness, we left! My poor kids had to witness this whole ordeal. I have never been in an establishment that doesn't try to make the customer feel welcome. Since their pizzas were priced so high anyway, we saved some money and ate elsewhere.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Kristine D
marydavis, Owner at Big Time Pizza, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
First of all just myself working and my husband let the people in the restaurant so I didn't see you as you were under the tv the other table's little girl loved the music and sing's to it. They come in all the time when here from Minnesota. So I took your order and when I returned the lady said can you change that music we don't like country. I said would you like to move away to the other side and they said no that's rude. So then I did not say I get what I want usually that's the customers way and response anymore so I am defending the whole situation in our favor too. We pay a fee to ASCAP a year to play music as usually we can't hear it anyway because of the carrying on so many voices talking anyway. So sorry you couldn't have it your way like Burger King tired of even trying to please people anymore. If more people would have to work it would be easier to run a business in the only season we have. I guess it's time for us to retire so we don't make more people upset.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Pizza”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The pizza here is amazing! We've eaten here twice this summer. The wait is a bit long, yes, but it's from scratch pizza. You won't regret it. The taste is well worth the wait.

Storm Lake, Iowa
“great pizza!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Best pizza ever, light and fluffy crust homemade, great price for the sizes of pizzas very friendly people, would come back again, almost better than the chain pizza places, please go visit and sit back and enjoy the view and the best pizza around!