“Good place to eat dinner”
Review of Peggy's Place

Peggy's Place
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Keystone
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a full service restaurant serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We can accommidate very large groups. We can seat up to 150 people. Advance notice for groups larger than 15 is recommended. We have a variety of foods for everyones needs. We are willing to accommidate any special dietary needs as well. We can do special pricing/food for groups please call to discuss your needs. We are a family owned and operated homecookin cafe.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Was 1 of three couples in the restaurant in early afternoon so we had an early dinner and long conversation with cook? who was helping seat people. He was worth the stop as he was very out going and talked about how the wait staff came from all over the world and worked in various jobs in Keystone.. The food was good and was more like a home cooked meal. This place is like a small town ought feel! and food that tastes down home.
The place is non descript and you have to look hard to see it but stop in (I heard the breakfast is really good!)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

So we walked in for breakfast and were seated right away, the hostess was super nice. The waiter came right away too and he was really nice too.
The decor is very much like a farm. It was cute though. There is no booths which we prefer at restaurants usually, just tables, but it was still a nice stop, and the food is pretty affordable I would say.
We tried to order pancakes and he said there were not any more. The menu said no pancakes after 11am but it was only 10:48, but no big deal I guess. We ordered french toast instead, the food came pretty fast and it was hot, all home made and sooooo good! AND they serve thick cut bacon! YUMM!
The thing was, when we got the check, it was the old fashioned registers with just totals, no descriptions, the total my husband saw at the very bottom was $30.87 and when he handed over his card, the lady at the register said $35.XX. So we asked why it jumped from $30 to $35 and she got agitated and visibly annoyed by our question, and even talked to us with "attitude" she was going to add everything up again but then just pointed to a different total that was $33.XX and said there was taaaax!, $2.XX tax. OK, Which of course is due almost everywhere so we said ok, of course no problem, so $30.87+2.XX tax=33.XX then, not the $35.XX she said first! We don't know if this was a mistake or on purpose but the point is that some places steal from people by adding a bit to the total. In our minds we think she did $33.XX + $2.XX=$35.XX, which yeah, it's only $2 but it's the principle! We couldn't help but wonder how many people she does this to!
We tried to go to a different restaurant in town the next day but they didn't serve breakfast after 10, (LOL) so we went back to Peggy's Place that day and had no problems, the same waiter was there and he remembered us, he was nice, the food was still good and didn't get service from that lady at the register so that was good.
I would have given this restaurant an Excellent rating if it wasn't for what happened on the first day at the register with that lady.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was our random choice for lunch after spending some time with Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln at Mt. Rushmore. We were glad we stopped here. My companions had buffalo burgers that they loved, but I had the daily lunch special. It was Salisbury steak smothered in beef gravy, served with creamy mashed potatoes, green beans cooked with bacon, and a very fresh roll. I must confess it was the best Salisbury steak I've ever eaten! There is plenty of seating, service was friendly, and the bathrooms were clean. They're famous for their GIANT cinnamon rolls, but we didn't have one. This is a good place to get a tasty lunch.

1  Thank GaryTheDriver
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Peggy's offers great food for a great price! The service was also great - the hostess saw us coming and was ready for us before we even got inside; our waitress was so kind, friendly, and knowledgeable. The food definitely reminded me of home and it was great to have a home-cooked meal after all of the greasy pizza and fast food I'd been eating on my vacation. I'm bummed I didn't get to eat breakfast there because their breakfast menu looked delicious also. I would definitely recommend Peggy's Place to everyone, especially if you're looking for a good home-cooked meal with great people.

1  Thank Denver238
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We're here in Keystone while we're visiting Mount Rushmore. We wanted to have something out of the ordinary and local. We took a walk after visiting another restaurant and found Peggy's place. It was mainly for the kids. We got Chicken strips, Corn for one and a Chicken burger for the other and lemonade drinks. Coffee for us.

Folks were nice at the restaurant. It also had a small town charm all around. We'll surely visit this place when we're back at the Black Hills.

1  Thank wahidstx