“Clean, Affordable, Great Location”
Review of Brookside Motel

Brookside Motel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was looking for a clean and affordable place to stay in this otherwise very expensive town. This motel is it. Clean, excellently located off of the main drag. Very easy to park in front of the room and take things out. I felt right at home! This is definitely where I will stay the next time I am in town! The desk staff is also very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank McJasper99

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights the last week of June 2014. We had no idea what to expect and it could not have turned out more perfect. We had a very clean room with a frig and microwave, a picnic table on the deck, a beautiful view, a nice place behind the motel to sit by the brook and play horseshoes if we liked. The pool was perfect size and barely used while we were there except for us. Sean (Shen) was very helpful giving us directions and ideas what to do. He mentioned the lighting ceremony at Mt. Rushmore at 9PM that we would not have made it to without him letting us know it was going on. I will definitely stay here when we come up again and have already suggested to others to stay here. The location is perfect. It is in a quiet spot of Keystone but walking distance to the antique store, mirror maze, the mine etc.I give it an Excellent!! I do want to say also that the staff was helpful and friendly. Thanks Sean for making us feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DebDJune2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

always hard to know what to expect when it comes to a motel.. me and my family were very pleased.. it was the perfect setting in the corner of town, with the babbling brook and beautiful scenery... the staff was wonderful.. Shen the gentleman that checked us in and answered our many questions was very helpful and polite, he even offered to help us unload and load our luggage.. the pool was warm and clean.. over all this was a perfect place and we will stay there again..

Room Tip: we loved our room on the top floor with a deck and table to have our picnic meals on right outside o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nicOle092014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love "mom & pop" style, vintage, roadside, and quirky motels, and refuse to stay at homogenized chain hotels, so this little gem was a perfect match for me. This is a darling place, and you can really see the differences new management has been making. Very clean, flowers planted on the grounds, nice little breakfast area, and a clean little pool.

We stayed two nights in a King Jacuzzi room, and it was the nicest room possible. Modern updated look to the room, but simple and uncluttered. Clean bathroom and jacuzzi tub with plenty of hot water. Very firm mattress if you are into that sort of thing -my husband loved it. I prefer squishy, soft mattresses, but that's all just personal preference.

The pièce de résistance, in my opinion, is the amazing view from the private little back patio that comes with the King jacuzzi room. Sit in your little patio chairs in the morning and just soak in the sights and sounds of the babbling brook. We slept with the patio glass doors open just to hear the creek at night. The front desk personnel could not have been more friendly or accommodating, and we payed a very reasonable rate for our summer weekend stay -definitely competitive to any other hotel / motel in Keystone. Whenever we return to Keystone, we will stay at the Brookside.

I read complaints below that there are no flat screen TV's, and to be honest, I barely noticed the TV in our room, so I'm not sure what type it was. I know there was one, but I didn't pay it much attention -you're in the Black Hills, who cares about the TV?? :)

Room Tip: Room 106 -King bed, in-room jacuzzi spa tub, and the best little private back patio ever!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank misty_bee_Wyo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A unique place, not a run-of-the-mill motel Was a perfect fit for a great visit to the Blackhills. Didn't want or expect grandeur with the rates charged, but had all the basics and more. With the affordable price, it was a pleasant surprise having a large jacuzzi bath in the room and the babbling brook right off our private patio. Everything was tip-top: including amenities, service and cleanliness. The staff was excellent, from the first call to make reservations to the last good-bye. They were very friendly, helpful and patient with my never-ending questions. The new owners are doing it right in trying to make this a memorable place at a reasonable rate. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EffieW
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, definitely focused on making your stay a good one. Nice location. Far enough away from activity to be restful yet close enough to walk. Pool is small and only 4 ft deep but it's great for kids who are just learning to swim and to allow older kids more freedom to play ... Very easy to supervise. Additionally the have an amazing breakfast. Clean and basic rooms... Good value for the $$.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank KimKRN
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is a cute place to stay. It's not a giant hotel where you have to take an elevator up several levels and walk down a long hall. The price is just right. We had a room with 2 beds and a door between the rooms. Perfect for us with 2 small children who didn't want to sleep when we did lol. Pool is very small but we weren't there for that... overall great stay

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mt_hotmomma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Roosevelt Inn
#6 of 13 in Keystone
Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
6 mi away
Mount Rushmore Lodge at Palmer Gulch

Been to Brookside Motel? Share your experiences!