Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Keystone
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Wisconsin
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Stopped here on a family spring break road trip. The hotel was very nice and very clean. I am not sure how old the hotel is, but it appears brand new. The room was very clean. The pool area was great, and the hot tub was good and hot. The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel had a great breakfast. The hotel was also the best priced hotel on our trip. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My wife and I had another enjoyable stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. We were upgraded (platinum level) to a corner room suite with a great big semi round window.
The staff was excellent (helpful, courteous). The pool and hot tub were nice too.

Room Tip: go offseason, very few customers
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 March 2011

It looks like a nice hotel, modern, nice rooms, etc. We were dissappointed that the hotel didn't have a fitness center.

I thought our room was a nice room, until I crawled into bed with some type of bug that looked like a hybrid between a cockroach and a grasshopper. Okay, not the end of the world - kill it before my wife gets out of the bathroom and she won't be the wiser.

Mission accomplished, and I'm willing to accept that a random bug might be in the room. However, the next morning as I get up to use the toilet, I find another one perched on the top of the toilet. Where there's two, there's probably a whole lot more.

My two hopes:
1.) We didn't bring any home with us
2.) That I killed the only one that was in the bed with us

We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thompson_sm
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I like most Holiday Inn Expresses and when touring will look for them. Keystone is a great town to visit. We're not drinkers but we had fun at the local bar two nights in a row watching the house band. Keystone is like an old fashioned western town. Lots of fun. Easy access to Mt Rushmore and more important Custer State Park where I saw my first Bison and then later ate my first Bison burger! Yum.

Back to the Holiday Inn. The most impressive foyer I have seen in any Holiday Inn Express. The staff were friendly enough, but not like my Holiday Inn in Richmond, BC

Best night's sleep! Best bed in any hotel. I almost asked them for the brand so I could go home and purchase one. The breakfast in the morning was included and was great. The one woman was a wonderful help and polite.

I have two complaints though. Instead of hiring a Concierge, which I personally have never seen in a Holiday Inn Express, they have a woman who cleans, and helps at breakfast and whose job it is to talk to the guests. She is loud and when I first noticed her I thought she was a guest. She takes over the conversation for lengthly periods of time and is quite boastful in her conversation. She was making her rounds, and I began to feel unrelaxed. I just wanted to relax, eat my breakfast, slowly wakeup and maybe smile at a person or two. I'm far from antisocial but this woman was too much. She actually had the nerve to approach my husband when he went to get some orange juice. He just ignored her, but what was her plan? To talk to my husband for twenty minutes and leave me alone to eat my breakfast? And it was intrusive, not a nice 'good morning, how are you today sir', but straight into demanding to know what our plans were. It was over the top and I comment to him. He said it just made her look like she was trying to get out of working as the other woman was doing all the work. The other woman did over hear me as she did take the woman into the back room and all I heard the loud woman say, was oh, I didn't realize I didn't think of it that way. And she calmed down.

I had to tell the front desk, and instead of recieving my comments as they were intended. Not critism but with the intent of letting them know. I felt it was my job to give feed back and I said it very nicely. I was totally dismissed and told noone has every complained before. The woman at the desk, in my opinion disregarded me and was rude to me. I prefaced by saying how much I was enjoying my stay there. Really its a place I could have spent an entire week! Only problem would be I would be dreading going for breakfast every morning. And why was the front desk staff not trained better. My only two complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngieK-SSI
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I had done quite a bit of research on hotels for our vacation. After spending one awful night in Rapid City at the Marriott, I was desperate to find something that we could comfortably and economically fit our family of five into. The Holiday Inn at Keystone completely saved the trip for us. It was clean and much more roomy than the "suite" we tried in Rapid City. At the Holiday Inn, the customer service was fantastic. They were so kind, so accommodating, and very helpful. It was in a beautiful setting, the room was quiet and comfy - and the breakfast was very good for an economical stay. We even had a kitchenette, which was wonderful since there wasn't an on-site restaurant. Keystone was quaint, right next to Mt. Rushmore, and a much better location than a trumped up water park hotel. My kids, ages 5 through 13, had a blast. I loved our stay here and would highly recommend the hotel to people of all ages.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank martmom3
Bangkok
Reviewed 8 November 2010

After hesitating to book a one-night stay due to some less-than-positive feedback on TA, I decided to make a reservation as we were on a very tight schedule and staying in nearby towns such as Custer or Rapid City was not a viable option.

On arriving, we were checked in quickly by a cheery and efficient receptionist. Although our room was on the ground floor just down the corridor from the lobby, we were not disturbed by any noise from the public areas. However, other reviewers are accurate in saying that noise from the room above can be troublesome. Fortunately our neighbors upstairs were quite light-footed so it was not as bad as it could have been.

The lobby is nicely decorated and the indoor pool a little larger than usual for a hotel of this standard. Breakfast is standard HI Express fare and quite adequate.

It is a short walk from the hotel to the main street, and several restaurants are close by. Mount Rushmore is about 5 minute's drive away.

I think in high season this hotel could be quite a noisy place particularly if there are youngsters running around in the rooms, but for us (in low season) it was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ky
Reviewed 13 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the last night of our wonderful vacation. The hotel and staff were great! The lady that checked us in that night was so sweet. The room was very clean, the breakfast was great, and everyone that worked at the hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I have not one complaint about this hotel at all. I would highly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites
Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn
#5 of 14 in Keystone
Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hill City
Holiday Inn Express Custer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Keystone? Share your experiences!