We were grandma and grandpa traveling with two grandsons aged 5 and 7. I highly recommend the family suites if you are staying in the area for several days and need some space to spread out and get away from each other after long days in the car! The entire unit is huge. One negative is that the only window is in the bedroom at the back of the unit so any light in the rest of the area comes from lamps and overhead lights. In fact, the entire property seems quite dark inside. Free breakfast is always good when traveling with kids even though this one was average with a small breakfast seating area for the size of the hotel and number of guests. Most kids will love any pool and this one was very marginal as far as size. My greatest concern with the entire hotel was that it is run by The Keystone Project which appears to me to be an ultra-conservative Christian group. At check in they advised my room number, where breakfast is served, where the pool is located, and where the Sunday service is held. I was very put off by that and wished I had known about the management before I booked the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel located 2 1/2 miles from Mt. Rushmore, Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites combines comfort, convenience and elegance for a truly monumental stay. An indoor pool and hot tub, Fitness Center, in-room wifi and a complimentary continental breakfast are just a few amenities that Rushmore Express offers, along with guest laundry and available meeting rooms for groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rushmore Express Keystone Hotel Keystone
- Rushmore Express Hotel Keystone