“Run-down hotel”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Shipman
“Run-down hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The hotel was clean, but unsecure steps and railing. Would not stay here again, hotel needs a lot of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We booked 1 night at the Keystone Boardwalk Inn while vacationing in SD.$85
We arrived at 4pm on Saturday with 2 adults and 3 children as reserved and were given a room on the third floor.
The room and the building were old and a bit run down but, we thought
one night would be fine as we were not going to be in the room hardly at all.
We arrived at about 4PM on Saturday, checked in, Huffed all of our luggage up to the third floor up the dated wooden staircase. We were there less than 10 minutes, and dressing to leave for dinner when the front desk called our room and told us that someone complained that we were banging around too much. My husband explained that were were only walking around in the room getting ready, and ended the conversation. We should have taken that as a que to leave then, but instead we instructed our children that it was an old motel and to walk more softly.
We then left, went to dinner and sight seeing and arrived back to the motel at 9:30PM.
My husband and 10 year old daughter went out for a walk on the boardwalk. My 8 year old son and 14 year old daughter layed on the beds and started watching TV and I took a shower. ( Really nasty shower by the way). While in the shower I droped the shampoo bottle and thought....OOPS...better be quiet don't want any complaints....hahaha...
SURE ENOUGH as I was just dressed and washing my face,and my son went in to shower when I heard my husband arrive back , and someone was talking to him at the door. I walked over and the kid from the front desk was again telling my husband that we were being too noisy.
Both he and I explained to the kid that we were just walking and talking normally, the kids
were laying down and that we were not making ANY noise. I told the guy that if the building was so old that normal walking and talking was disturbing someone, that he needed to move us to a different room or floor.( keeping in mind that this motel was NOT full in any way) He told me that they had no rooms. I told him that we would be leaving if they couldn't accommodate us. He was very VERY rude. We packed up and
went to the front desk for a refund where the manager told us that he would not be charging our card. I had to demand that he give me some sort of receipt to show that we would not be charged. Which he finally reluctantly did. We the left and got a different room just around the corner which was much better.
BEWARE OF THIS DIVE!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank stur79

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I had a reservation that was made in January for a July trip. When I got there, they didn't have a pet room available even tho I called on it several times to make sure all was good. As it turned out, they are refunding my money and we had to find accomodations elsewhere.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank purplemoon4
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Room appeared ok at 1st glance. Looking at it more closely it was a very different story. TV was covered with child hand prints; floor was only vacuumed in spots; bed poorly thrown together; sheets had what appeared to be dog hair & holes.
Shower was filthy! Soap scum had been building for quite some time. When I brought this to the desk clerks attention in the morning, his comment was that it was a pet room! My pet makes no mess! Why should I have to pay more; search harder & stay in dumps because I have a dig?

• Stayed June 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The room was average, very clean and quiet. There is just an average complimentary breakfast... just toast, donuts and coffee. Mount Rushmore is well worth the drive.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank busybusygal
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This hotel has by far the worst customer service ever. Nothing was properly explained and when I had to cancel a reservation within minutes of being made I was told I needed to pay full price, unless someone else wanted the room. Several calls laters they had takers but still chose to charge us and leave the room vacant. Upon telling the ridiculous clerk he was acting like a jerk, he said he didn't think he was being that way and that it was my fault. I would have rather slept in my car or driven another 19 hours before staying there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
wv
Reviewed 10 July 2010

This hotel has the best location in keystone! You can walk to all the shops and restaurants...they are just a few steps away.

• Stayed August 2010