“excellent value and nice accommodations”

Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Florida
“excellent value and nice accommodations”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

After driving 2100 miles from Southwest Florida, we were very pleased to find this hotel clean, well kept and organized. The reservation process was flawless and the staff was very friendly and took care of our needs. When we decided to head home 1 day early they took care of our arrangements with no questions asked. The hotel is in a perfect location (walking distance) to both Keystone and Mount Rushmore. We enjoyed the balcony, which was perfect for relaxing with a great view of downtown Keystone. The continental breakfast was good also. If we travel to Keystone again, we will book here without hesitation....

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank shoelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We only stayed here for one night. Apparently they had upgraded us to a suite, whoch made us happy of course although the suite is nothing more than a large space with nothing in it, only a bed and a telly. Clerk was friendly, but when we arrived in the morning for our breakfast there was nothing left: no fruit, no cereal, ni muffins. When I asked the person at the reception she went to get some toast but nothing more (there was no tea either) so I wasn't really happy about that.

Let's say we have not had a terribly bad experience here as some tourists.

• Liked — Close to Mount Rushmore
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shanna24
Montana
Reviewed 1 August 2008

The keystone boardwalk had a very accomidating staff. We traveled from Montana and my husband ended up getting a migrain headach. He hung out in the room to rest and recover from his migrain headach. While he rested in a nice large room, I did crosswords in the front lobby. The staff was very friendly and informative. My husbands migrain would not break and I needed to take him to the hopsital for a shot. The front desk staff went above and beyond to help us on our way to the hospital. the direction they gave were to the "T". Even though we had medical issues while in Keystone, the Keystone boardwalk was a clean enjoyable place to stay.

• Liked — Friendly people
  • Disliked — No cell service no internet access 25 miles from closest medical services
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
leeds
Reviewed 14 July 2008

we stayed in this hotel for 5 days out of the 5 the bed was made twice. it was $129 a night, it should have been $29 continental breakfast very good, location excellence staff plesant.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

minneapolis
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I booked a room here and then canceled my reservation. I was lead to believe that everything was fine until I received my statement and had up toward $300 of charges on my credit card. When I called to have the fees reversed the woman Cydni Peterson was the worst person to deal with. This business has no clue how to treat a customer and I would stay in my car before I would ever consider even walking foot into this place.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank 612travellevart
Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2007

My family and I left our hotel room at about 7:30 am to walk across the street for breakfast. We had planned to eat and then return to our hotel to use the facilities before our 16 hour drive home. We had NOT yet checked out! When we returned to the room, the cleaning crew had the room torn apart. We were not able to use the room, nor did the hotel offer us restroom. When I complained to the manager upon our CHECK OUT, she was absolutely passive and replied "Ok, thank you". Unbelievable.

This hotel is not worth the $$ or hassle when there are so many other nice hotels just across the street!

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank laurapres
California
Reviewed 21 August 2007

After a gruesome 19 hour drive from California, we arrived in South Dakota @ 1:30 am. Needless to say, we were exhausted and in search for a nice hot shower and a comfortable bed. The picture displayed at Keystone Boardwalk Inn & Suites had an illusion of our “promise land.” When we arrived to the front door of the hotel, the front desk clerk was asleep. We were told, when we had called her earlier of our very late arrival, “to just ring the door bell, and I will wake up to open the door for you.” After ringing the door bell for a good ten minutes, the front desk clerk appeared in the front door in her pajamas. She unlocked the door, and we walked to the front desk only for her to push my contract upon me along with our hotel keys. When I asked her if she would turn on the lights so that I can see my contract, she simply stated, “Your total comes to ….ninety something dollars. I know because I made it up earlier.” When I told her that I could not see in the pitch black, she snatched my contract from my hands, and stated, “Look, it’s 1:30 in the morning, and I don’t have time for you to read your contract. Just sign the thing in the morning before you leave. Make sure you sign it before you leave!” She thrusted the hotel keys towards me, and we walked off, shocked…appalled. We drove 19 LONG hours, to be treated like incompetent morons. Needless to say, we checked out the next morning only to be greeted by the SAME clerk. She stated in a snide manner, “Now that you can read, you can sign.” Fumingly, I stated, “Now that I can actually SEE, I will sign my contract.” I will never, ever go back to that hotel ever again. No customers should ever be treated that way. So if you’re not accustomed to rude customer service, I am advising you to check into another hotel. Their room was dingy, and it smelled like old cigarettes. The shower was made for anyone who is 4 feet tall or shorter. I have never felt so compelled to tell the world about my horrific experience at a hotel in my life, and here I am.

• Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family