Powder House Lodge
K Bar S Lodge(Keystone)
Quality Inn(Keystone)
Brookside Motel(Keystone)
View Hotel
All reviewsprime ribhoneymoon cabinnice cabinblack hillsstuffed quailfront porchbreakfast and dinnermt rushmorewooded settingoff the highwayking bedhot tubmini fridgeparking areacoffee makerlog cabinwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here on a motorcycle trip with my wife and several friends. The staff was very friendly and the rooms and lodge were all very quaint. We stayed in the 4-room lodge building, which was up a flight of uneven stone stairs. The room was fairly clean, but was infested with spiders everywhere. It was bad enough I had to ask the front desk to call an exterminator to spray. I think they did because when I returned that evening, I didn't find as many spiders.

There are also chairs to sit on the porch outside which is a nice touch.

The Lodge also has a restaurant attached which is extremely tasty, and one of the big draws for us to stay there was to try to the game meats that are served.

Stayed July7-9.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights last week and wish it were longer. The cabin was perfect for us because it felt like we were in the woods in the mountains and not in a busy hotel. We weren't in our room much but it was clean and comfortable and we slept well. There was an odor in the room when we first came in but I sprayed air freshener and hung up a car air freshener and it seemed to help the problem. I would stay again if we came to this area again.

Room Tip: Room 57 is perfect. Highest one on the hill and more private
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family of four stayed here with another family. We rented two cabins, and they were close to walk back and forth. The kids enjoyed the pool, and it was handy having the restaurant at the entrance for breakfast. I would stay here again. I left a pair of earrings in the room and came back a few hours after checkout but housekeeping wasn't available to ask. I did not receive a phone call as promised by the employee that was checking with housekeeping and my later email was not answered. I did call eventually and they were never found.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed one night during a Black Hills trip with my son and my parents. We stayed in the "hotel" which has 8 or so units. Very comfortable, clean rooms, well appointed. There is a little bit of a walk to the restaurant, playground and pool areas, but not bad. Tucked nicely in the trees. There is a little road noise, as you are right off the highway, but if windows are closed and air is on, you hardly hear anything. We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't help you out there. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Nice location, very close to Keystone. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lilmamaWisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Powder House Lodge on our way home from Yellowstone. What a wonderful place to stay! We were in a duplex cabin #28 and it was perfect!! The king size bed was VERY comfortable! We ate a breakfast & a dinner while we were there, the food was outstanding! The staff was very friendly and helpful!. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. The Powder House Lodge should be your first place to stay when coming to the Black Hills. I know we will be back!!!

Room Tip: I think any cabin would be awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple