“Gorgeous”
Review of Horse Thief Lake

Horse Thief Lake
Ranked #11 of 24 things to do in Keystone
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The name itself was alluring, and the lake was, too! It was very tranquil and a great place for picnicking. Bring cash, though, because the park asks that you give $4 for facility use. Still, it was worth a stop.

3  Thank CarolTCK

Reviewed 12 November 2013

There are good hiking trails around the lake. Lots to choose from. There is also a rock climbing area across the highway.

2  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 23 August 2013

In 2003 I packed up the car and took my 10 year old daughter on a road trip she still talks about to this day.

We drove past Mount Rushmore and stopped next to a lake; I happened to have a fishing pole and a few lures in the trunk. My daughter threw out the line and bang - first cast caught a nice rainbow trout.

I just went back to Rapid City with a friend and his 12 year old daughter. All I can say is: 2 days; 2 hours; 2 limits of rainbow trout - who could ask for anything more.

2  Thank mws58
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I don't know if I'd consider Horsetheif Lake an attraction??? Haha! But it was a nice quiet place to camp and nice trail to walk around the small lake. Basically just a small pretty lake to drive by an have a picnic at and maybe some fishing. Swimming? I'd say nahhhh there's way better places to swim around the area that are actually ment for swimming at.

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Lake!! Great sights! Even though its man-made it still adds beauty and value to the area! Didn't fish there, but obviously is a good sight to fish as there were quite a few people on the shore.

2  Thank Dustin C

Been to Horse Thief Lake? Share your experiences!