“Stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auburn
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Far from the "family restaurant" that they advertise. No buffet despite what all of their signs say. Salad bar consisted if lettuce, cheese, eggs, and ranch dressing. They advertise that everything is homemade but it was obvious that it all came out of a can or was microwaved....and our whole meal was ice cold. Not to mention the staff that thought it was funny to swear at each other and make sexual jokes with each other with my 6 year old 10 feet away and then just point and laugh at her when they realized she heard what they said!

1 Thank KSMOMM

Dearborn, Missouri
“not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was alright, it was edible, but nothing spectacular. Server was very friendly though. I had French dip. It was okay, but the au jus was just broth with a lot fat floating on top. Not very flavorful. Décor was outdated, not like 1880s, but 1980s. We will try something else next time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Please, just don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food seemed like a good deal considering it was 13 dollars for a chicken fried steak, "vegetables," a dinner roll, mashed potatoes, salad bar, and toast, so that's what I ordered (there weren't too many options). So I walked over to the salad bar and knew at that moment that I made a big mistake coming here. The "salad" was withered and brown and had obviously been sitting out all day or probably all week. I also notice that the ranch they had there was almost empty but what was left over was really chunky and thick. Not very appetizing.

By the time I make it back to my seat, the waiter was there with our food. That had to have taken 6 minutes tops which was very suspicious. The plates looked microwave safe too. I eat my glorified TV dinner and find myself still hungry as if the $13 meal didn't do a thing.

As for the service, I would first like to mention that I'm shocked that the place literally has 'family restaurant'in its title. I easily heard the staff swear and drop the F bomb several times at the front of the restaurant at the host podium. No filter. The waiter was friendly enough; a little awkward and smelled like he hasn't showered in a few weeks but friendly.

The whole experience was uncomfortable, and I wanted to go home and wash myself afterwards, but if you're into that kind of poorly run establishment, come on down to Railhead Family Restaurant.

Aurora, Illinois
“Pretty bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate here, and none of our food was very good. I had the BLT and the bacon was so undercooked it was disgusting. Portions were small, and there were flies everywhere.

Williston, Vermont
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was a nice place to eat right across from the 1880 train depot. There were not many people there in the restaurant so it was nice an quiet. Our server was nice and friendly.

Visited July 2014