“Nice view of Mt. Rushmore”

Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in one of the Chalets (Washington) that was on top of the hill across from the hotel. It was very comfortable and clean. The best part was the view of the monument. It isn't close but still a nice view. Especially at night when it is lit up. We also had deer right outside our room. Included a patio with a barbeque. We only stayed one night but it would be great for a family vacation for three or four days.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you check my other reviews, I take what I write seriously. I have only given one other hotel a bad review. I always try to see the positive where ever I stay. This place was terrible!! When we arrived, we were told that they did not have our reservations. We gave them the confirmation number and was told that it didn't matter, they were booked. They also told my sister inlaw the same thing but was able to give her the last room they had. We were about to leave when a cancellatiion just came up and they gave it to us. Rooms were horrible and dirty. My sister inlaw is now having to dispute an overcharge that was billed to her credit card. Guests, Please beware!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Romanticgal
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We thought they had a very good price compared to other motels and it was right in the heart of all the places we wanted to go. The staff was so friendly and helpful and was happy to tell us all about places to be sure to visit. They had free coffee 24/7.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out over the street and not the backside that looks into a bleak landscape.
2  Thank Pkheffle
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located right in the center of the action. Across the street from the 2 hour 1880 steam train ride. It's next to Ruby's Saloon where there is a bull whip show and old western gun fighting by outlaws and good guys. Stay away from the 7' 4" outlaw. He will shoot you if you do not buy a show ticket. The beauty of this place is its location to the covered boardwalk to keep off sun and rain. It never rained. Close to attractions. Rooms were very quiet. Ate at their dining facility several times. Reasonable prices. I make 48k a year. Only two floors and the elevator right next to the entrance moved quick. Staff was very, very polite. Nice Java place next to the presidents wax museum. You can see Mt. Rushmore from the wax museum parking lot. The Java place opens at 7 AM for all you west coast java junkies to know. Leather shop on the board walk has good prices. I only observed two problems. One was an upper crust lady refusing her mixed drink, because it contained crushed ice instead of shaved. Times are tough in Keystone. The second issue is that my wife and I ran out of time an money. Stayed 3 nights. Not enough. If you have kids, it looked like most families took children in the 5 to 14 year old range. The kids really loved the gun fight at Ruby's. It still sends shivers down my spine.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the cliff. All you will see is a chipmunk or bird doing what chipmunks and birds d...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark k
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It was just ok. 2 queen beds, ADA access, staff were very polite to me but were very rude to each other in my presence which made check in uncomfortable but it was literally one of the last hotels with any rooms left in Keystone so we didn't really have a choice.

The beds were very worn out and the bed spreads were that old nasty polyester blend. The pillows were super old, flat as pancakes.

The sheets were very clean, soft and white.

$129 plus tax so $141 total

Location was nice because it was close to everything.

A/C in our room worked great.

Like I said, it was just ok.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I read the reviews of other guests on this hotel and went back and forth, because they weren't great. I wanted to stay in Keystone so we would be close to see Mt. Rushmore, so we took a chance. WE LOVED THIS HOTEL. It was so charming. We stayed at 5 hotels on our trip. Three big names, and two not. We checked in with Scott Rodica at the front desk, who told us we were all set because we used one of the online sites. He was gracious and gave us all the info we need about the hotel, where to eat, etc. He told us our dog was no problem. Our room was a nice double, with a fireplace. (not that it was needed in July, but the kids thought it was fancy.) It came with a fridge, and microwave. There was even animals made out of towels on the bed. The room was clean, quite (even though they were booked solid). The air worked. There was a great place to walk the dog. I read complaints ranging from not comfortable, to noisy, the TV's are out dated....... We experienced nothing but a great stay. If you want to watch TV, stay home. Parking was great. As a mom traveling with two kids and a dog, I felt safe and comfortable. If I had one negative it would be that we couldn't stay longer.

4  Thank 2014Travelmom825
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at the White house Resort. Our plans changed and we needed to stay another night. On the second night we had a smaller room and the tv remote would not work. Scott Rodica came to see what was happening, noticed that we were given a room that was more appropriate for someone traveling with pets (which we did not have) and asked if we would like a larger room that would be more appropriate. Scott went above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable, which then led to an awesome vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the keystone area. If we return to keystone on vacation again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple