“Better price, better place”

Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Vancouver
“Better price, better place”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After booking a place down the road from this hotel, I saw on the readerboard a better price advertised. I stayed in the other place one night, then switched to this hotel. The young man at the desk, Tom, was kind and helpful and allowed me to move my things in at 10 AM though their normal check in time is much later.
The room was very clean, the wifi worked without being slow, the ice machine was conveniently located. Super value! Wish they could have had a free breakfast, but after eating "free breakfast" at other places, the lower price at this hotel was worth the chance at having just toast or doughnuts that I found elsewhere.
If I were to return to Mt. Rushmore, I would book this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kay E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Gary, Indiana
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family of 8 stayed a week in the Lincoln Chalet. From check in to check out our experience was excellent. We were greeted by Scott whose assistance and enthusiasm launched our visit into excited anticipation. The week was glorious with day and evening views of Mt. Rushmore. As we left, we said farewell to Scott and Rodica, manager, with only positive reviews of our stay.

Room Tip: The chalet accommodates 8 or more with extra pull out beds and a crib.
1 Thank blh2014
Escondido, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in one of the Chalets (Washington) that was on top of the hill across from the hotel. It was very comfortable and clean. The best part was the view of the monument. It isn't close but still a nice view. Especially at night when it is lit up. We also had deer right outside our room. Included a patio with a barbeque. We only stayed one night but it would be great for a family vacation for three or four days.

Visalia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you check my other reviews, I take what I write seriously. I have only given one other hotel a bad review. I always try to see the positive where ever I stay. This place was terrible!! When we arrived, we were told that they did not have our reservations. We gave them the confirmation number and was told that it didn't matter, they were booked. They also told my sister inlaw the same thing but was able to give her the last room they had. We were about to leave when a cancellatiion just came up and they gave it to us. Rooms were horrible and dirty. My sister inlaw is now having to dispute an overcharge that was billed to her credit card. Guests, Please beware!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Romanticgal

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. We thought they had a very good price compared to other motels and it was right in the heart of all the places we wanted to go. The staff was so friendly and helpful and was happy to tell us all about places to be sure to visit. They had free coffee 24/7.

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out over the street and not the backside that looks into a bleak landscape.
2 Thank Pkheffle
Westport, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located right in the center of the action. Across the street from the 2 hour 1880 steam train ride. It's next to Ruby's Saloon where there is a bull whip show and old western gun fighting by outlaws and good guys. Stay away from the 7' 4" outlaw. He will shoot you if you do not buy a show ticket. The beauty of this place is its location to the covered boardwalk to keep off sun and rain. It never rained. Close to attractions. Rooms were very quiet. Ate at their dining facility several times. Reasonable prices. I make 48k a year. Only two floors and the elevator right next to the entrance moved quick. Staff was very, very polite. Nice Java place next to the presidents wax museum. You can see Mt. Rushmore from the wax museum parking lot. The Java place opens at 7 AM for all you west coast java junkies to know. Leather shop on the board walk has good prices. I only observed two problems. One was an upper crust lady refusing her mixed drink, because it contained crushed ice instead of shaved. Times are tough in Keystone. The second issue is that my wife and I ran out of time an money. Stayed 3 nights. Not enough. If you have kids, it looked like most families took children in the 5 to 14 year old range. The kids really loved the gun fight at Ruby's. It still sends shivers down my spine.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the cliff. All you will see is a chipmunk or bird doing what chipmunks and birds d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark k
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It was just ok. 2 queen beds, ADA access, staff were very polite to me but were very rude to each other in my presence which made check in uncomfortable but it was literally one of the last hotels with any rooms left in Keystone so we didn't really have a choice.

The beds were very worn out and the bed spreads were that old nasty polyester blend. The pillows were super old, flat as pancakes.

The sheets were very clean, soft and white.

$129 plus tax so $141 total

Location was nice because it was close to everything.

A/C in our room worked great.

Like I said, it was just ok.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kim H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
Roosevelt Inn
Roosevelt Inn
#5 of 14 in Keystone
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Keystone
Mt. Rushmore's Washington Inn & Suites
Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Suites
Travelodge Mt. Rushmore/Keystone

Been to Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore? Share your experiences!