“Great Location”

Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Dog friendly (although the dog friendly rooms are a bit smelly), but great location, in the middle of downtown so easy access to shops and restaurants and close to Mt. Rushmore and other attractions such as Bear Country.

1  Thank 617nancyw
There are newer reviews for Ramada Keystone Near Mt Rushmore

Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a great place Keystone is, only there one night wish we had longer . Hotel is very nice good breakfast great scenery . Lovely place keystone cowboy place loved it. Coffee maker in room, good sized room as usual for the states.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The title is true: This is not the best hotel I've ever stayed in, or even close, but for Keystone, SD
it is as good as it gets. The rooms are clean, the staff very helpful, and it is 15 minutes away from Mt. Rushmore. Since there is only one main street in town, it is in the middle of all the restaurants and shopping. A good place to stay if Mt. Rushmore or Custer State Park is your destination. As an added bonus, we were in Keystone the week before Sturgis, and the motorcycles and their riders added to the experience. as a P.S. - When my wife needed to do laundry, the front desk staff helped her and did the wasing and drying. I'd mention the young lady's name if I could remember it.

Room Tip: May as well stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After booking a place down the road from this hotel, I saw on the readerboard a better price advertised. I stayed in the other place one night, then switched to this hotel. The young man at the desk, Tom, was kind and helpful and allowed me to move my things in at 10 AM though their normal check in time is much later.
The room was very clean, the wifi worked without being slow, the ice machine was conveniently located. Super value! Wish they could have had a free breakfast, but after eating "free breakfast" at other places, the lower price at this hotel was worth the chance at having just toast or doughnuts that I found elsewhere.
If I were to return to Mt. Rushmore, I would book this place again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kay E
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family of 8 stayed a week in the Lincoln Chalet. From check in to check out our experience was excellent. We were greeted by Scott whose assistance and enthusiasm launched our visit into excited anticipation. The week was glorious with day and evening views of Mt. Rushmore. As we left, we said farewell to Scott and Rodica, manager, with only positive reviews of our stay.

Room Tip: The chalet accommodates 8 or more with extra pull out beds and a crib.
1  Thank blh2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in one of the Chalets (Washington) that was on top of the hill across from the hotel. It was very comfortable and clean. The best part was the view of the monument. It isn't close but still a nice view. Especially at night when it is lit up. We also had deer right outside our room. Included a patio with a barbeque. We only stayed one night but it would be great for a family vacation for three or four days.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you check my other reviews, I take what I write seriously. I have only given one other hotel a bad review. I always try to see the positive where ever I stay. This place was terrible!! When we arrived, we were told that they did not have our reservations. We gave them the confirmation number and was told that it didn't matter, they were booked. They also told my sister inlaw the same thing but was able to give her the last room they had. We were about to leave when a cancellatiion just came up and they gave it to us. Rooms were horrible and dirty. My sister inlaw is now having to dispute an overcharge that was billed to her credit card. Guests, Please beware!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family