Baymont Inn & Suites Keystone Near Mt. Rushmore
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Not Clean”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Rooms were small, sheets had holes in them and were very gray, very strange order and was necessary to buy a spray to help reduce smell and keep the windows open, WIFI did not work, there was no Presidents View only the dirt wall at the back of the hotel. Staff was much to be desired, very unfriendly and difficult to communicate with. Would NOT recommend for travelers.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Athens, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

First the sign that says "new rooms, low prices" ... Must not apply to all rooms! When we got to our room, which was very small and dark, the chairs were on top of the bed because the carpet had been cleaned. The mattress was soooo uncomfortable it felt like you could count springs when you rolled over and it cracked and popped when you moved. Sheets and towels were very worn and thin, sheets were scratchy and pulled out from mattress during the night!!! Hallways and stairwells were dark and cramped as well!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Loved the hotel! Great view and the staff was absolutely wonderful, particularly Anubhab, the hotel manager. He was very helpful and accomodating. Because of this I would recommend this hotel and in fact already have and stay there again.

1 Thank Sheila P
MN
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights the last week in July. We had three rooms booked on the third floor. The rooms were fantastic! They were suites and one of the rooms had four adults in it and there was plenty of room to move about. The rooms had mini fridge/microwave/fireplace/wet bar with sink. Also there was an additional sink/mirror outside of the bathroom which made it easy for others to use if someone was in the shower. There was a small balcony looking out over Keystone which was very nice at the end of a long day of sightseeing. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping even had swan towel art on the beds. The only problem was with check-in. They were very busy as several people were checking in at the same time but they managed it well. The issue came with the price of the rooms. I had documented very well when I had made reservations with the hotel supervisor 3 months earlier. She had verified the the final price included taxes and e-mailed me the confirmation as well, which I brought with me. Upon check-in the desk clerk insisted the amount was before taxes and said that supervisor wasn't there anymore. I didn't back down and he finally honored the correct amounts that I had on my confirmations. Other then that, the stay was very enjoyable and I would absolutely stay there again. We didn't ever get back to the hotel in time to use the pool so I can't comment on that. I never even looked at the pool though I could smell the chlorine so I knew it was open. There was also a patio in the back of the hotel and a larger one in front where several people were utilizing it late in the day and early evening.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are very large and have an entrance of their own in the upper back parking lot
Auburn
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Grossest hotel room I have ever stayed in! I could deal with the outdated decor and fake flower arrangements EVERYWHERE but the disgusting smell in our room was almost more than we could take. The carpet was matted down, stained, and felt damp. There were bugs in our bathroom and the mattresses were from the 1800s. The swimming pool was warm but the yellow ring around the edge indicated the last time anyone had bothered to clean it. I'm not sure what their definition of "panoramic view of Mt Rushmore" is, but if we stood on out tiptoes and looked out the very far corner of our window we could make out George Washington's nose. We were only staying 2 nights and were site seeing the whole time. Also it was Sturgis weekend so we didn't have a choice but to tough it out. Definitely deceptive advertising!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank KSMOMM
Hutchinson
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The motel is exceptionally clean, the service was fantastic. Good beds and very friendly staff. The only minor comment is not very many TV channels available. I would definitely stay there again.
My friend and I are both handicapped and Scott was wonderful at getting in and taking out our luggage.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Never stay at this hotel..spend your money on a place that does not have bugs, dirty sheets and an awful smell. I have stayed at hotels and motels all across the world this one was the worst. Bugs in the bathroom, on my son and the internet NEVER worked. DONT. STAY HERE

Room Tip: Stay someplace different
2 Thank Andrea H