“Good for gluten free”

Stamford Gate Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holywell
Stamford Gate Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Holywell
Holywell, United Kingdom
“Good for gluten free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We ate at the Stamford Gate last Thursday evening. Upon booking my husband said that his wife has coeliac disease and could they cater for me. The response was yes, no problem. When we arrived, the manager came to the table and asked who he was 'looking after'. I said that it was me and he said choose what you would like off the menu and we'll let you know what we can do to make it possible for you. I selected salmon fillet that would normally be served with a creamy white wine sauce and also mashed potatoes and other veg. I explained that I also have a problem with milk and cream so the manager suggested a Sicilian tomato sauce and roasted herby potatoes. I have to say that it makes a refreshing change to be met with such a proactive and helpful approach. The food was great and the whole experience was pleasurable and reassuring. We will be going there again and I have added the Stamford Gate to my list of 'safe' places for me to eat out. Believe me, they are few in number.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
SHEPPERTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions now. I grew up in Holywell and know the place well. Good accommodation and the food is great. Huge portions and wide variety on offer. Lovely welsh breakfast to start the day. The staff are friendly and very helpful.
Slept well in comfortable room with all the amenities needed to feel at home during our stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in rooms on ground floor. Quiet and comfortable. Fresh towels daily. Minor difficulty getting...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gliddaman
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just come back from a lovely long wknd in North Wales for my nephews wedding, and a very enjoyable stay at Stamford Gate Hotel. We found the rooms to be clean and spacious, and had good wi-fi connection, (we stayed in room 6), although my brother stayed in the next room and couldnt get any internet.Breakfast was very good, and we ate a couple of times at hotel in the evening, and found portions to be very generous, (in fact one day my husband and i shared a very good curry, with chips, naan bread, bhargee, and samosa). The staff were friendly and accomodating, and Matt the proprietor and my husband went out to play poker one night. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are bigger, and have a sunnier outlook.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue B
holywell,wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Had a meal at the Restaurant on Saturday 18th May 2013. Although what food we had was tasty there just was not enough of it.I had steak pie,chips and peas. Steak pie very tasty however there was only 5 small pieces of meat inside the pie and when the crust was removed from the pie the bowl was over half filled with gravy. Chips very tasty but only nine of them and a spoonful of mushy peas all for £10-95. Apple pie and custard for afters £4-85, very nice but again small portion.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank carty890
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal at the Stamford Gate today, definitely worth a go.......great food and friendly staff. I had the cajun chicken and my fiance the steak pie, chips are amazing! Lovely views looking over the estuary.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexa01A
North Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Another journey along the A55 had me turning off to Holywell to find some lunch.

I stopped at the Stamford Gate Hotel and was very pleased with what I found. The staff were very welcoming and I enjoyed a drink in the dining area overlooking the Dee and the Wirral,
The menu is extensive to suit all tastes with a good variety of fish, meat and salads. I chose battered haddock and chips which came with mushy peas and everything was cooked to perfection.

If you like to eat and enjoy a good view at the same time then do sit in the room overlooking the Dee.

All in all it was very good value for money and a very pleasant way to spend lunchtime.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Pontypool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed only one night but arrived early and was allowed into my room. Room was very comfortable also very clean. I did like the fact that I had quite a good choice of drinks I could make in my room and also there was enough milk to make quite a f.A good nights sleep. Breakfast was very good.Staff were very helpful and took the time to make you feel welcome. very good car parking facilities

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holywell
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Beaufort Park Hotel
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Mountain Park Hotel
Mountain Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Flint
Soughton Hall Hotel
Soughton Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Northop

Been to Stamford Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!