Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
Taldraeth(Penrhyndeudraeth)
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscooked breakfastbeautiful surroundingsfarm tracklovely guesthousewinding lanewarm welcomelounge areabed was comfortablebiscuitssnowdonsatnavtakeawayportmeiriontelevisionensuite
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel with friends at the end of March for (sadly) only one night and had the most enjoyable evening spent in the restaurant and subsequently the bar. Colleen made us so welcome and went out of her way to make our stay a memorable one. The food was outstanding and the room really comfortable.with a beautiful view. Thank you so much to Colleen and her staff for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the annexe with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have just stayed at The Brynlldan for my 3rd time, and can't rate it highly enough. Colleen the owner is always very friendly and approachable and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The location of the hotel is superb and you can really feel "away from it all" I like the breakfast menu very much, and I had evening meals over my 3 night stay which again were all very good. I can't wait to return again, and would recommend this hotel to my friends and relations without hesitation. When I visit this area of North Wales it is over 300 miles from where I live, but knowing I have found a great place to stay makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms 5,6 and 7 have great views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at Brynllydan on one of those beautiful days at the end of March. Booked from the Internet and like others - took the gamble. It was a delightfully welcoming and caring place to stay. Beautiful surroundings and excellent, freshly prepared food. We even took the idea of the electronic bathroom mirror home to have in our new bathroom! Aiming to stay again next year and explore more of that unspoilt part of Wales whilst enjoying the comforts of home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked this on the internet and thought I was taking a gamble - if I was I must have won the jackpot. Four of us stayed for one night (unfortunately) as it is the sort of place you arrive at and do not want to leave in a hurry. The venue is delightful with lots of lovely personal touches, the scenery around is amazing, the food is outstanding and the staff couldnt have been nicer - a little gem!

Room Tip: I would imagine that all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This stay of only two days with my wife and mother-in-law was so good that I find myself writing a review (I never write reviews but I came away with a real sense of excitement at having discovered somewhere special)! The location is superb: whether sitting outside in the sun or in the bar with a glass of sauvignon blanc the view is spectacular. And at breakfast, with the mist over the estuary framed by the mountains and in the middle distance a moving white plume of smoke from an early steam train: I will never forget that image.
The narrow lane and then track to the hotel from the A4085 is 'interesting' but not a problem, though it might be in icy conditions. The 1:50,000 O.S. map shows the hotel clearly (marked Hotel) but the 1:25,000 is inaccurate because the hotel is where it says Brynllydan and not where it says Hotel. Don’t follow road signs into the hamlet of Llanfrothen, stay on the A4085.
The rooms are clean and spacious. All the rooms seem to have been purpose built which means there are no funny quirks, good insulation etc. Carpets are new and the walls of rooms and corridors are white which adds to the feeling of cleanliness. The bed was comfortable and I liked the duvet cover design. The shower worked well and I believe that the avocado suites are being replaced this winter.
It was unexpected to find a small hotel with such a quality restaurant. It passed my carrot test, i.e. the vegetables were perfectly cooked being neither al donte nor mushy. The Sunday roast was delicious and so were my lamb chops. The great advantage of such a restaurant on site is that one does not have to drive and I found the wine list exactly to my taste even though I never managed to try beyond the house wines on this occasion. Breakfast too was excellent.
We could not fault the welcome or the service, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Colleen clearly cares passionately about her hotel and is keen to improve it still further. This is an excellent small hotel and we will return.

Room Tip: Half the rooms have the same exceptional view that you get from the bar and lounge; only one room does not have a lovely view over the countryside.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family