Taldraeth(Penrhyndeudraeth)
All reviewscooked breakfastbeautiful surroundingsfarm tracklovely guesthousewinding lanewarm welcomelounge areabed was comfortablebiscuitssnowdonsatnavtakeawayportmeiriontelevisionensuite
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here on business, just for one night and had a double room. I thought the room was pleasant and airy, if a little small if there had been two of house. Lovely bathroom, spotlessly clean, my only small complaint was the water pressure in the shower, but really no big deal, it was perfectly adequate. I didn't eat in the restaurant, being on a tight budget, but enjoyed the breakfast. Service was very good and prompt. The views were spectacular and sitting out on a warm evening was very relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LeeJ4
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and I choose this hotel to stay in for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was central to all the attractions we had planned to visit, while on holiday in North Wales, and overall had favourable reviews. We were not disappointed with our choice and found our stay to be excellent value for the money we paid. The rooms were fresh and clean, containing enough accessories to help make our stay comfortable. All the staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating to any special requests. The restaurant offered a range of 'cooked to order,' high quality food at very reasonable prices. The 'in house' bar prices were also realistic. The view from the hotel was just fantastic and provided opportunities for taking stunning photos without having to travel. The track from the main road to the hotel would be challenging on a dark winter's night but it is well sign-posted. We are already planning to make a return visit and just hope that there will still be rooms available for our chosen dates.
A huge well-done and many thanks to Colleen and her super staff.

Room Tip: Read the travel route information carefully on how to get to the Hotel as, from the north, everybody's SatNav directs them down the wrong road which has a dead-end.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PNH750
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at Brynllydan while attending a wedding at Portmeirion. The track was a little bit rough to get there but it was well worth the effort. Lovely welcome. The room was clean, the bathroom looked seemed to have been refurbished very recently, lovely white fluffy towels, with a very swanky mirror above the sink! The dining room was full on the Saturday evening, always a good sign! Breakfast was well cooked and hot. We will be back again to stay, but this time will be having our evening meal here. The views are spectacular from the front of the building. We had no mobile phone signal, only in the car park, not always a bad thing. It was very quiet at night. Next time I would take a pair of slippers as I found the bathroom floor a little bit cold.

Room Tip: Take slippers - bathroom floor can be a bit cold.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We were just on a really short stay doing a recon of caravan facilities. Well, I was not expecting the amazing reception we had Colleen and her staff which was really warm and welcoming. The room we were in had the most amazing view which was only hampered by the weather. The food...well all I can say is don't eat before you go into the restaurant as you will not be disappointed. The quality of the food is top notch and we will be definitely going back to eat in the restaurant when we are on our hols in a couple of weeks. Thanks Colleen, I just wish you were closer To home! Nicky Bullock

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Superb restaurant with excellent choice of menu, high quality food at realistic prices. We will be visiting again next time we are in North Wales.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family