Brynllydan Country Guest House
US$142
Travelodge Porthmadog Hotel(Porthmadog)(Great Value!)
US$74
The Moelwyn(Criccieth)
US$112
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscooked breakfastbeautiful surroundingsfarm tracklovely guesthousewinding lanewarm welcomelounge areabed was comfortablebiscuitssnowdonsatnavtakeawayportmeiriontelevisionensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My mother and i spent two nights here and loved the place
We were lucky enough to both have recently renovated rooms which were extremely comfortable and clean
The food in the restaurant was well priced and excellent quality - delicious
A wonderful find

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travellingman64
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We have stayed at Brynllydan a few times, the staff are always friendly and polite, the room is clean with complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits and recently the room has been renovated to a high standard, fantastic views of Snowdon. Breakfast is superb and keeps you going all day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've read all the other reviews and don't want to be unfair. The hotel is in a lovely position and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. We had two rooms and the one my daughter and I shared was comfortable (the beds were lovely) and the bathroom was acceptable (I'm sorry to say was not completely clean) My husband's room was very tired and outdated. He is not fussy, but he said he was sad to see that it was not completely clean. Maybe we were very unlucky.on that particular day.
We did have an evening meal and although staff were very keen to accommodate our wishes, I'm afraid I could not eat my meal. There were flies everywhere and I found this very offputting. The carpet on the floor was grim and the chef did not seem to be wearing hygienic clothes ( a sleeveless t-shirt). I think that with a bit of attention to detail and some decorating this could be a truly wonderful hotel, but it would need to improve a lot before I would like to stay again. We stayed in another hotel, for the same price, for the rest of our stay in Snowdonia and it was superior in every way and I have given it a top rating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Brynllydan, Owner at Brynllydan Country Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest. we are sorry you were less than happy about your stay but some of the comments leave us a little puzzled. We accept that there were a lot of flies around at the time but every one else around the area were experiencing the same problem and all measures possible were taken to prevent any problem in the kitchen. The comment about the carpet also leaves us a little confused as all carpets have been replaced with new ones costing several thousand pounds only three years ago. I am afraid you were also mistaken about the chef`s clothing as the person you saw was me the owner, not the chef, and I do not do any cooking whatsoever. Yes the room your Husband had was not one of our best but an ongoing program of upgrading is in progress as you would be aware because the room you and your daughter were in had a new luxury bathroom installed only last yearjust before your stay. Cleanliness is of the utmost impotance but sometimes staff miss things and I can only apologise for this. I think the majority of comments from guests give a true picture of brynllydan Hotel, but you are of course entitled to your opinion. Regards, J Forshaw Proprietor.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Disappointed to see this hotel/Resturant on trip advisor we wanted to keep quite about it . It is that good...great location excellent food wonderful friendly staff. I am not going to tell you any more in case you all go and I can not get a room next time
Stan

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stan R
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff are very friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The views were amazing. When it came to the food, it was some of the besti have had. I asked if Gordon Ramsey was in the kitchen. The amount of food was plentiful and was cooked to our exact request.

Do yourself a favour, give this place a try.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple