“My favourite place for Sunday Lunch”
Review of Pant Yr Ochan

Pant Yr Ochan
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Gresford
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Love this place, great location, relaxed atmosphere, fantastic Sunday lunch enormous portions, book in advance to avoid missing out. Small kiddies miniature railway just next door to them on Sundays, free train rides.

There are newer reviews for Pant Yr Ochan

Reviewed 7 January 2012

We visit the Pant quite often and always have really good food and wine there.They change the menu on a daily basis so you dont get bored with the choice of food.It is a good place to visit anytime of the year,in the summer you can eat and drink in the large garden area overlooking the lake and in the winter you can escape the cold weather sitting by the real fire and enjoying some of the speciality beers they have. Well worth a visit and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I went here with a party of 13 (no I'm not superstitious!) and we all had a great lunch.

Our party was mixed from infants to OAPs and whilst not a special event was part of a large family get together. Our welcome and service was excellent for such a large party, we had a table in the conservatory and experienced no problems dealing with small special needs of the old and young. The drinks selection is excellent with some great beers and I must return with someone else driving to work my way through the bar's beers, gins and whiskies!

The food was very good from a selection of breads and olives whilst we waited for food through to a very varied selection of mains. I had the fish and it was superb. Everyone liked the food and very little was left. I would point out that the portions are hearty (aka LARGE) and we had no room for puddings apart from a few very nice home made ice creams.

The atmosphere and buzz in the place was just right, liveley but not too loud.

I can't really think of any significant negative points and so have no trouble awarding this place 5 out of 5, I just wish that this place was nearer my home!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Have to say that have never had a bad meal here. Have been dining here for years and it is a local gem.

It gets busy and so we have often not been able to get a table - advice is therefore to book a table rather than turn up on the hoof.

It is not a cheap place to eat but you get what you pay for and the food is excellent here. I think we are very lucky to have somewhere of this standard in the Wrexham area.

The service is generally great although there are some young girls working there that could do with a lesson in smiling and not wearing a snooty face whilst they are serving!

Puddings are superb - try the sticky Toffee pudding with clotted cream.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

One of many visits with close friends and family, for which it is particularly suitable, and again, a lovely experience. The menu varies constantly and offers hearty fare, lighter bites and British gastro-pub food. I have yet to be disappointed by the food or the staff, who are attentive and pleasant even on busy pre-Xmas nights. They have a large selection of real ales behind the bar, and the decor is old but smart and very welcoming with lots of nooks and crannies and real fires. A bonus is the quality coffee, not always found in British pubs.

1  Thank Tandannik