I rarely write reviews but just had to acknowledge this marvellous B&B and cafe. I only stayed one night but wish I could have stayed a week.
The rooms were very comfortable and well laid out with everything you could need - I stayed in room 4 ( note the web site numbering is incorrect but I'm sure willl be corrected soon) great shower and really comfortable bed - although only a glimpse of the river it didn't detract from the ambiance.
But the highlight of my stay was the fantastic welcome and the dedication of all the staff. I can't remember the last time I was made so welcome - anywhere.
The food in the restaurant was delightful, AA Gill gave the place 4* across the board and he wasn't wrong! The breakfast was to die for and kept me going all day.
I can't recommend this place enough - I fact I shouldn't be writing this as I should be keeping it as my best kept secret location, I will certainly be back again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the river at Glasbury, 4 miles from Hay-on-Wye the River Café is a café/restaurant with 5 rooms, a bunkhouse and a canoe centre. The rooms are simple, modern and ideal for a base to explore this wonderful area. The Brecon Beacons National Park is just a short drive away and we are on the Sustran Cycle Network and the Wye Valley Walk. We get a lot of paddlers with their own canoes staying before they set off downstream. The breakfasts in the café are a treat with great coffee and a full English breakfast to set you up for the day. We are a small family run business with an entirely local staff who can help you with things to do in the area and where to walk. Return to the café in the evening for freshly cooked food and a glass of wine on the decking. What could be better! Please note we are open 7 days a week from 0830 but early close in the winter months (4pm) from Sun-Tues. Weds to Sat open 0830 till late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The River Cafe B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River Cafe Bed And Breakfast
- The River Cafe Hotel Glasbury-On-Wye
- The River Cafe B&B Glasbury-On-Wye, Wales