Initialt visit after seeing ad. We are 50mins away and our drive was worth every minute,
The setting makes perfect use of its riverside setting and indoors and outdoors is well done. The staff [or owner/s] were welcoming, enthusiastic and attentive and the food we had we would have again. We all felt the delicious desserts were rather expensive [but I am beginning to wonder if this is a trend] but it didn't spoil our Thursday outing lunch, and we will go again, no doubt as a special occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the river at Glasbury, 4 miles from Hay-on-Wye the River Café is a café/restaurant with 5 rooms, a bunkhouse and a canoe centre. The rooms are simple, modern and ideal for a base to explore this wonderful area. The Brecon Beacons National Park is just a short drive away and we are on the Sustran Cycle Network and the Wye Valley Walk. We get a lot of paddlers with their own canoes staying before they set off downstream. The breakfasts in the café are a treat with great coffee and a full English breakfast to set you up for the day. We are a small family run business with an entirely local staff who can help you with things to do in the area and where to walk. Return to the café in the evening for freshly cooked food and a glass of wine on the decking. What could be better! Please note we are open 7 days a week from 0830 but early close in the winter months (4pm) from Sun-Tues. Weds to Sat open 0830 till late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The River Cafe B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The River Cafe Bed And Breakfast
- The River Cafe Hotel Glasbury-On-Wye
- The River Cafe B&B Glasbury-On-Wye, Wales