“Lunch Stop”
Review of Crazy Cafe

Crazy Cafe
Ranked #19 of 79 Restaurants in Penarth
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Crazy Cafe is a modern, colorful and stylish café located at the Esplanade in Penarth. Our dishes are home-made & tasty. We use fresh and locally-sourced ingredients. No microwave or fryer in here. Coffee is organically grown and served with love. Come and enjoy the stunning view with a cup of coffee, glass of wine or some delicious meal.
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Popped in on a bright sunny day. The place was reasonably busy and did allow us to chat to the new manager, Nicola, who has just completed one week in her new role. Had a light lunch with some breakfast tea - food and service were very nice, so a very easy recommend. Could easily have sat outside, given the weather. Fab location on the seafront in Penarth.

2  Thank Andrew J
crazyc19, Manager at Crazy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Many thanks for your lovely comments, look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2018

My husband and I called in here for lunch. Half the things on the menu weren't on, which we weren't told about until we came to order. We both ordered a jacket, it took over half an hour to come and when it did, I ordered a tikka but coronation chicken arrived. The potatoes were so hard I could hardly cut it, it was cold and dry. My husband ordered Tuna but his potato was exactly the same. It cost £17.00 for the two of us, what a waste of money.
Dreadful service and dreadful food, will not be going back.

6  Thank Kim B

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for bringing these points to our attention. We are extremely sorry that your visit to us was so disappointing but we hope it doesn't deter you in visiting us again..

We did however on the day have a relief chef , this has now been rectified and we now have two newly appointed chefs who deliver exquisite food. We now prepare Sunday lunches along with our specials menu which consist of, lasagne, cottage pie, fish pie and macaroni cheese. The specials are available to eat in or to take away and the same applies for our freshly made bread and mouth watering cakes.

I would like to invite you back to the café to show your negative experience was a one off! Please ask for Nicola and I look forward to meet with you.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Went for a coffee and milkshakes for the kids. My kids can be full of energy and the staff adjusted to them and were really accommodating. The coffee and shakes were made with care. Waitress was great and offered up the kids to draw instead of them getting bored.

1  Thank 603jimmym
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We loved this place the last time we reviewed it. A very different experience today.
The young waitress was charming and the place was clean. It goes without saying the location is spot on but..all downhill from there.
I had a toastie, which was soggy on the bottom with a very sloppy filling. The salad was little more than a garnish and the crisps seemed to be less than crispy. In spite of them having their own bakery the bread was shop sliced bread. The best you could say was that it was OK ish.
My other half had the burger which was also OK ish although if it was not factory made then they completely failed to disguise that! Worse, the potato wedges were undeniably yesterday's left over jacket potoatoes served up in wet slices which were inedible. Who on earth thought that was a good idea??
Come on guys, you can do better than this. It would be such a shame for such a promising enterprise to go awry, so much potential, not realised today.

1  Thank RachieTroll
crazyc19, Manager at Crazy Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Good evening RachieTroll ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for bringing these points to our attention. We are extremely sorry that your visit to us was so disappointing but we hope it doesn't deter you in visiting us again so that we can make sure you have a better experience.
We are updating our current menu so in the next few days it should be up and running but in the mean time we have a great new selection of cakes, so we hope you will consider giving us a second chance to make a better impression.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

it was ok..just about. Surely though in such a great location youve got to be more ambitious than that?

Sandwiches and jacket potatoes.. that's fine but do them well. I couldn't work out if my jacket potato
had been done in a microwave or was just undercooked.. was a difficult eat. I asked my partner how her haloumi and pesto toastie was? 'basic' was the response and I think that sums up our experience quite well.
have to say..staff seemed very nice..it was clean and a nice place to sit and eat but come on.. you can do better than that with the food..its 2018

Date of visit: September 2018