“Fabulous Food - Fabulous Staff”
Review of Romeo By The Sea

Romeo By The Sea
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Penarth
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Penarth - Vale of Glamorgan - Wales
“Fabulous Food - Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I (as a couple, as a family, and with friends) have been frequenting this Restaurant for 20 years - although under three different names and three different owners. It has been 'Zio Pin', 'Mediteraneo', and now 'Romeo's by the Sea'. One of the marvellous things about this restaurant is that even across different owner they have kept our personal pizza listings on the kitchen wall. Try order an 'Il Dottore' or a 'La Dottoressa' and you will get the pizza of a lifetime. The 'Il Dottore' come with: fresh tomatoes; mushrooms; spinach; pesto; ham; onions; garlic; dolcelatte; capsicum; and extra mozzarella. The staff are always very friendly and one of the waiters sings Italian songs. The view is delightful and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank il_padrino_9

“Perfect”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I came from bridgend to penarth for the day and came across this lovely little restaurant. And As I read these reviews it makes me angry as people are writing horrible things when they don't need to. I sat outside and did not by any means feel like the staff didn't pay me enough attention. To be honest when you're at a restaurant the thing you like to do most is order your food and drinks and then chat to whoever you're there with. Not have the staff standing over you. Watching everything you do. The food was 15/10!! Absolutely delicious ! Drinks were fair priced. And in reaction to the person who wrote it cost £6.95 for a glass of wine ? Well I didn't get charged that! So I think someone's making things up! I will go there time and time again and I will recommend to my family and friends.
Nicest Italian I've been to in a while !

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank ThomasLukeRyan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beside the sea”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here last week, the meals were average, we had the two course lunch offer, the choice was good. We sat outside, lovely setting right alongside the sea, the staff were friendly but not attentive when needed, maybe this was because we were outside, however, we enjoyed the lunch.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jill T
Hereford, United Kingdom
“great value for an enjoyable lunch”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We came across Romeos by accident after a trip to Cardiff to buy a car. We then decided that as we were so close to the sea we would go to Penarth( as coming from inland Britain and my wife loves the sea). Once we saw the waterfront my wife was instantly starving and we stopped at the first parking space we saw. Romeos was the first eating establishment that appealed so we perused the menu and noted the lunch special for £9.95 for two courses. The menu was varied and allowed all three of us to select to our individual tastes, the food was promptly served, delicious and drink prices reasonable. We had a relaxed lunch with good service and were all so pleased that we felt we had enjoyed an excellent Italian lunch in a style we know from experience was like eating in Italy. Well worth the trip to Wales!!!!

• Visited June 2014
“Over priced and old out-dated environment ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first experience eating at the restaurant and definitely will be my last.

An elderly loud, pushy and flamboyant gentlemen which I believe is the owner would not stop flattering until you ordered his scallops (3 pieces) at £8,99.

The main course was bland and lacking quality as the meat, pasta was all overpowered by the generous dump of sauce on the plate.

This place looks run down and in need of refreshing. I can't understand why people actually would eat here as Pier 64 and Custom House are by far more classy and value for money.

2 Thank Bnaicker