“Breath of fresh air”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I had been for a stroll down the pier and along the prom and wanted a bite to eat. The outdoor seating appealed to us. My husband had just a bowl of soup.....no roll, and I had a pizza..........could have done with a salad garnish. The cost, plus 2 small coffees was nearly as much as the special offer 2 course lunch. We enjoyed eating outside. The interior was quite gloomy on a sunny day, and toilets left a bit to be desired, but staff quite efficient and friendly. Would have the 2 course lunch next time !

2  Thank JoanGuest
There are newer reviews for Romeo By The Sea

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I (as a couple, as a family, and with friends) have been frequenting this Restaurant for 20 years - although under three different names and three different owners. It has been 'Zio Pin', 'Mediteraneo', and now 'Romeo's by the Sea'. One of the marvellous things about this restaurant is that even across different owner they have kept our personal pizza listings on the kitchen wall. Try order an 'Il Dottore' or a 'La Dottoressa' and you will get the pizza of a lifetime. The 'Il Dottore' come with: fresh tomatoes; mushrooms; spinach; pesto; ham; onions; garlic; dolcelatte; capsicum; and extra mozzarella. The staff are always very friendly and one of the waiters sings Italian songs. The view is delightful and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

2  Thank il_padrino_9
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I came from bridgend to penarth for the day and came across this lovely little restaurant. And As I read these reviews it makes me angry as people are writing horrible things when they don't need to. I sat outside and did not by any means feel like the staff didn't pay me enough attention. To be honest when you're at a restaurant the thing you like to do most is order your food and drinks and then chat to whoever you're there with. Not have the staff standing over you. Watching everything you do. The food was 15/10!! Absolutely delicious ! Drinks were fair priced. And in reaction to the person who wrote it cost £6.95 for a glass of wine ? Well I didn't get charged that! So I think someone's making things up! I will go there time and time again and I will recommend to my family and friends.
Nicest Italian I've been to in a while !

3  Thank ThomasLukeRyan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We ate here last week, the meals were average, we had the two course lunch offer, the choice was good. We sat outside, lovely setting right alongside the sea, the staff were friendly but not attentive when needed, maybe this was because we were outside, however, we enjoyed the lunch.

2  Thank Jill T
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We came across Romeos by accident after a trip to Cardiff to buy a car. We then decided that as we were so close to the sea we would go to Penarth( as coming from inland Britain and my wife loves the sea). Once we saw the waterfront my wife was instantly starving and we stopped at the first parking space we saw. Romeos was the first eating establishment that appealed so we perused the menu and noted the lunch special for £9.95 for two courses. The menu was varied and allowed all three of us to select to our individual tastes, the food was promptly served, delicious and drink prices reasonable. We had a relaxed lunch with good service and were all so pleased that we felt we had enjoyed an excellent Italian lunch in a style we know from experience was like eating in Italy. Well worth the trip to Wales!!!!