“Credit where it's due”

Ranked #47 of 70 Restaurants in Penarth
Wales
“Credit where it's due”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Cef has possibly the largest menu in content I've ever seen in a pub, including all types of burgers (Russian burger, kangaroo burger) and pizzas, apart from all the usual pub fare such as gammon and pasta, bangers and mash, etc. The lady on duty (owner/landlady) when I visited at midday today was very pleasant and welcoming and said everything on the menu was available but I settled for for brunch which I have eaten here previously. And again I was very happy with my choice. I had previously told colleagues who had been here for brunch with me the 'icing on the cake' so to speak, was the two fried eggs, the whitest whites and with golden yolks and absolutely fresh. I haven't tried anything else on the menu here because the breakfasts are so good. I would not criticise in any way the effort put in by the establishment in quality or quantity of meal or the price. I was approached after 10 minutes and asked if everything was OK or if I'd like anything else. Good manners and welcome from start to end. Judging on today and past visits I look forward to eating here again.

• Visited November 2013

Penarth
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

went for Sunday lunch cavery with friends - worse lunch I have ever had. Lots of choice but all tastless. Not sure how they managed this. Gravy like water. Meat even worse. Never again. Don't waste you time or money.

1 Thank Beth88887