“Nice boutique hotel”
Review of Mill Valley Inn

Mill Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed there week of August 12, 2014. Large room very comfortable. They have an extensive free breakfast and a lovely late afternoon wine a cheese gathering which we very much enjoyed. Service friendly and very helpful. Easy walk to some excellent restaurants and a quiet location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Mill Valley Inn for five nights in August. A number of our friends stayed there as well. Everyone loved the Inn: its centralized location,the helpfulness of the staff, the excellent breakfasts, and the well-furnished, high ceilinged rooms. There are many nice restaurants within a few blocks of the inn, as well. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flatbushfaithful
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Excellent location within walking distance of restaurants, walking trails, bars and stores. Rooms are comfortable and there is a great 2nd floor deck that looks out over a grove of redwoods. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Check out the walking trail just up the road to Cascade Falls - great lazy walk in the redwoods..

Room Tip: 25 rooms, 16 in the main building - 3rd floor facing the redwoods would be best. Theyalso have 2...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brad R
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Mill Valley in for 3 nights. The room was exceptionally comfortable. The location right in town was wonderful. The breakfast is delicious, as is the wine and snacks mid afternoon. One night I was awoken by dripping water from the wall AC unit. Luckily none of my electronics got ruined, because I woke up. We informed the front desk in the morning, and they did refund us partially for the night. If you can get a back room, that would be best to avoid road traffic noise. I love Mill Valley and all its natural beauty! We rode hiked the Dipsea, which is just up the block.

Room Tip: Choose a back room, away from the street. But on the other hand the afternoon sun coming into our...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ELK45
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband took me on a trip to Mill Valley for my 40th birthday. The staff was wonderful and attentive from the moment we walked in the door. They remembered my birthday and had cake and wine waiting for me when I got to my room. My husband is a very light sleeper and our room was just outside the elevator. He asked to change rooms even though the hotel was booked solid the entire week of our stay. The ladies at the front desk did everything they could to accommodate our request and we ended up changing rooms the next day. The rooms are nice and cozy with nice views of the town. Breakfast and wine and cheese in the lobby was an added bonus. I'm already dreaming of my next trip to the area. I will definitely stay at the Mill Valley Inn again.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong at this hotel although I did wonder about the rooms right above the second level...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have spent a lot of time in Mill Valley, always staying with friends. This time I brought my daughter and husband along... so we wanted to stay in a hotel. I had seen the Mill Valley Inn and had it recommended by locals... I wanted to stay there.
Our first room (on the second floor of the front building) was big but not in the greatest shape (looked a little worn). We were scheduled to move rooms the next night (it was July 4th weekend). I went down to the front desk to ask about moving and they were exceedingly nice and shuffled around reservations so we could go ahead and move that night. They put us in a beautiful newly done room. A half bottle of wine and a nice note was there when we returned to the room. The whole staff offered over and over to help us with anything we needed. The breakfast everyday was great and the setting for the breakfast room is beautiful.
When we checked out they had also taken off $100 from our bill for the first room they put us in.
Also, forgot to mention that the location is perfect! Walk to everything in MV! We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Back rooms seem to be the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaylein88
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This wonderful little hotel was located in just the right spot of Mill Valley, centrally located so you can walk all around the town. Rooms were excellent, front desk service was super helpful and the breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back face on to Redwood Trees and a small stream, so if you open your balcony door...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 4 in Sausalito
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to Mill Valley Inn? Share your experiences!