“If you really have to”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at that chain. We had booked in advance, our own fault.
This was probably one of the worst motel of our 3 week trip.
Dirty, smelly, missing bulbs, thank goodness we didn't need the AC, it was repulsive, being covered with dirt. Grey towels, no milk for cereals, water for orange juice (from the machine).
If it's the last spot around and you feel like spending a lot of cash, go for it. Otherwise, anything around can only be better.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 23 June 2013

For a motel, in Mill Valley, where everything is upscale and expensive, this place is a dump. Don' t visit in hot weather because they don't have air conditioning. Also, the T.V. Had lots of blocked channels. The bedspread and blankets wern't clean. Pluses are, they had a refrigerator and microwave. It was a $40 room for $140.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shakti10_11
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I found this place by chance.....checked in......Rosie at reception was very helpful. I found my room to be nice and big and clean. The kitchen could use a re-model......however the rest of the room was VERY GOOD!

Room Tip: I found this place by chance.....checked in......Rosie at reception was very helpful. I found my roo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nigel
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Great location but not a safe feeling. Lots of people living there, loud and obscene language!
People walking being loud on second floor.
Breakfast was horrible
Man at front desk not customer friendly

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Family662
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I arrived at this motel on a Saturday evening (4/25/13) with a prepaid reservation ($110.74) from Bookit.com. The desk clerk (a young Indian girl with a very hard to understand accent) said that no reservation had been received. However, they had rooms available that they would gladly let us have for $256.98. Rather than trying to go somewhere else and risking the one night penalty for a no show from bookit, we paid for the room and chose to contact Bookit during their normal business hours.

On Sunday, we managed to talk to Bookit who promptly contacted the motel manager. The manager refused to do anything about the situation and Bookit then readily agreed to refund our deposit. When we checked out I told the manager how unhappy I was to be treated in this manner and told him that he would not stay in business very long when treating his customers in this manner. He said " it's not my fault, Bookit sent me no credit card information." Then he made the stupid mistake of showing the reservation information he had received from Bookit two weeks earlier. Of course there was no credit card info from Bookit, since Bookit is the one who charges the credit card company and then pays the motel.

The other reviewers of this motel have painted an accurate picture of the motel quality etc. so I won't repeat that. But, after dealing directly with the owner/manger I can truthfully say that this is business management at its worst. Stay here at your own risk !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William Y
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for an overnight stay and just turning into the property was a pain. There was VERY much traffic and it seemed to take quite a while. The outside of the place reminded me of a truck stop type of hotel. The staff at the front desk was VERY rude and didn't seemed to care for our business. It seemed like we were bugging him by just checking in. Then just walking from our car to the room the other staff looked at us like we were criminals. Then walking into the room was a BIG surprise to us. I was expecting it to be small, dirty etc. but the room was HUGE! It had big size closet, a good size bathroom with a "backdoor", the couch was a good size, even the view wasn't bad sense it was almost on a hill. Then the TV didn't seem to work very well due to the cable not connecting so the same person we dealt with checking in fixed it but still didn't seem to care for us. It finally worked with a little bit of waiting. Also the room did not have a AC but just a little household fan which worked but not as good as it should have. I am rating this a 2 due to the service, room not being as clean as it could of, the location (traffic) and the value not being so good. If you need a room but don't want to spend a lot in this area you will be just fine staying here minus the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Nice location, accessible to San Francisco and other locations, friendly reception staff, clean, lots and lots of pillows on the bed! No air conditioning (maybe not normally necessary, but it was a hot day) but we did have a back door - which was kind of different - and windows that opened. Noisy street with the evening commute (bumper to bumper which made it difficult to access local restaurants) but quiet in the morning. The beeping noise (the door chime through a loud speaker?) was irritating - the noise ended before bedtime.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!