“Romantic Room with Amazing Resturant attached...”
Review of Mountain Home Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Valley
Mountain Home Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“Romantic Room with Amazing Resturant attached...”
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night in the beginning of may and we found the accommodation to be really comfortable. The room was huge with a wonderful rustic charm. The fire place was great as well as the deck. Hiking trails right across the street that go into Muir woods and the views are breathtaking. We took a short drive and hiked up a gorgeous waterfall in the area called Cataract Falls... the restaurant at the Mountain home Inn is warm and the food is die for... Our host was great too, Thanks wine recommendation "Paul Mathew, Valdiguie" if I remember correctly.. so tasty with that mouth watering sirloin.. In the morning we had a eggs Benedict.. Yeah, we still talk a lot about the great time we had at the Mountain Home Inn...good times for sure

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 8 May 2010

“How do you spell stress relief: “Mountain Home Inn” Get away from the hustle of the city to a quiet, rustic,
romantic getaway with beautiful rooms and fantastic views, spacious rooms with soaking tubs and comfy beds. Gourmet meals, great wine selection and the friendliest staff that can help you with anything. Best thing is the
peace and quiet, eating a gourmet breakfast on the patio in the morning enjoying the breath taking views of the San Francisco Bay. Great hiking trails for the outdoor couple. Highly recommend this getaway to all friends.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomandKim
richmond09
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I've stayed at the Mt. Home Inn and loved the views, the staff, food and access to great hiking and biking -- and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to spend a few nights being romantic with their honey. But I have to say, even better than a spot for champagne and late breakfasts (be sure to get the grits!!!), this is the best spot in the Bay Area for visiting family members. I've put up two sets of proud new grandparents at the Mt. Home Inn, and although they were hesitant to be so far away from their new grandchild, once we got them checked in, it was hard to get them to leave. One set of grandparents included my father who is a biking enthusiast. He was thrilled to drive and then bike the nearby mountain and ocean-side roads. The other set of grandparents are avid walkers who loved strolling out the door after breakfast and hitting a trail. As well, these folks (who were visiting all the way from Ohio) found that the location gave them a perfect home base for all the North Coast, Sacramento Delta, wine country, South Bay and yes, East Bay excursions. Initially, they thought they would stay for just one night. They extended their reservation for the duration of their trip. I'm so happy to know JUST where to put any and all of my relatives! (Hopefully I'll get more invites to join them for dinner -- the salmon is to die for. And just thinking about the wine selection makes me giddy.) Thrill one of your relatives, and suggest, no, demand they check out the Mountain Home Inn!!!

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lilmama09
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 8 January 2010

The Mountain Home Inn is our favorite romantic get-away. With a single night, all the stresses of life will melt away. Each year, we save-up to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion here and it's always worth every penny. The Inn is located amidst gorgeous redwoods near Mt. Tamalpais. There are tons of great hikes nearby. The rooms all have spectacular views. The beds are divine and luxurious. Many rooms have fireplaces and jacuzzis (we've found that the fireplaces in particular are well worth the extra money). The complimentary breakfast is delicious -- a great way to start the day. The dinner is also a great deal for the price.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 9 October 2009

For the price, I expected better. For example, there were lots of flies everywhere, including our room, and ants in the bathroom. The walls needed to be wiped down in our room, and the cobwebs removed. Fresh paint and new carpet would be a good start. The deck is outstanding, and the breakfast great. The staff on duty were super friendly. We loved checking out the adjacent Mt. Tam.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoodEaterstoo
richmond
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We were surprised how close the MHI was to San Fransisco. Shortly after the Golden Gate Bridge we parked our car behind the Inn.
Inside and on the deck people were eating, drinking wine and chilling in the sun.
The bartender greeted us friendly, and hopped from behind the bar to the front desk to check us in, show us our room and carry our luggage down.
This was service through out the stay, friendly, enthusiastic but they do multi task.
The food was fresh and flavor full. High lights are the seafood platter(halibut cheviche, grilled shrimp and calamari) from the bar menu and the grits and eggs for breakfast.
The cheapest room has a nice size deck with killer views, great showers, aveda products, a solid matress and yes outdated pink wall paper.
Overall a great place to get away from the city. We will be back this winter and get a room with a fire place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kuchenman
California
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My (now) husband and I could not have picked a better place than the Mountain Home Inn to celebrate our marriage. We love the rustic warmth and intimacy of the Inn, including the interior tree-trunk pillars. Our guests could not stop gushing about the views and were amazed at how many stars filled the sky at night. (I highly recommend taking in the view from the privacy of your own in-room large soaking tub, or from one of their many redwood decks). The in-room fireplaces were also a big success.

And then there’s the staff. Some of us came a day early, and due to some unusual circumstances, had some unexpected requests. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating throughout our entire stay. I went to bed knowing things were in good hands.

And the food, I’m still drooling over the food. To me, breakfast is the most boring meal of the day. So to say that my husband and I are still salivating over their delicious made-to-order breakfasts- that means something. And that’s just breakfast! The Mountain Home Inn has this amazing garlic shrimp toast appetizer I’m still thinking about, and so much more. Personally, I wish I was eating there right now.

I could go on and on. But simply put, we could not have picked a better place. Get married there, have a romantic get-a-way, or just go for a hike and enjoy a good meal at the end of the day. We can not recommend this place enough.

• Stayed October 2008
#1 of 2 in Tiburon
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Mountain Home Inn? Share your experiences!