“Good Location with Free Parking”

Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mill Valley
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The lobby and view of Richardson Bay from each room is quite lovely. Rooms are clean but a bit sparce. The view is the thing. This is a great business hotel -It's so close to the freeway (A bit too close some might say, with noise of traffic in background when out of doors) We had WiFi connection, a tiny balcony with chairs to sit & birdwatch on the bay-full freshly cooked breakfast in the morning and one can stroll or jog along the paths through green grass along the bay to relax. The staff was also very helpful to us when we asked for extras.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in April. Ground floor suite. Very nice room. Nice covered patio, with beautiful grounds. Hearty hot breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese was great. Convenient location. However, there was traffic noise, but that wasn't a bother for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

When I arrived at the Acqua, after being recommended by a family member, I was initially disappointed. The hotel IS very close to a busy highway. As I headed to the room after checkin I mentioned to my spouse that I would prefer to go somewhere else, quieter. However, the person in the room next to me said to hold my decision until I entered my room. I am so glad that I did! This place really does rival boutique hotels that charge twice the money. The room was pretty, comfortable, noise proof, and had a sweet patio overlooking the water and a walking trail to nearby good restaurants. A wonderful breakfast buffet (I actually saw a chef making the food and preparing the fruit - fresh and tasty). The 5 o'clock cheese and wine hour was not wasted on me, either. I probably did not appreciate the convenient location until Ian, fabulously helpful front desk staff person, helped us get to AT&T stadium via the ferry a few miles up the road. We had anticipated a nightmare drive to San Francisco and parking headaches but instead, had a great sports night with no headaches. As for dated: well, the hairdryer didn't work, but when I mentioned it to the front desk they handed me a perfectly nice portable. We were quite happy here.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room - did I mention free bikes for guests?
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SavvySidney
Reviewed 12 April 2012

view, a terrace,nice amenities,breakfast, wine happy hour and a reasonable rate lovely walk along the water

respectful staff

downside no restaurant and you need a car to get to restaurants and shopping

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pvds34
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently spent two weeks at the Acqua. The common areas (lobby, breakfast area) are beautiful and well-maintained. The breakfast is wonderful, with fresh scrambled egg, waffles, fruit, etc. But both rooms I was in seemed like they were afterthoughts. They may have been nicely appointed at one time, but it appears that as furniture wears out, it isn't replaced. My first room was essentially a bunker on the ground floor. Electrical outlets were sparse and half of them didn't work. The iron didn't work, and neither did the replacement I was given. They don't give you little shampoos, instead they use dispensers. There was not any conditioner in the dispenser all 4 days. The second room was on the third floor, more expensive, with a sitting area. But all that was in the sitting area was a couch, the armoire for my clothes, and two lamps which were very, very dim. There wasn't a coffee table, chair or enough light to read by. The bed area was light and bright though. They provide wine glasses, but the 2nd room lacked a corkscrew and I had to go to the front desk to get one. It just seems like they aren't paying any attention to the details, or have fallen on hard times. And, the hotel is as close to highway 101 as it can get without the cars driving through the lobby, so the road noise is constant. But other than all that, the staff is friendly, the food very good, and the view inspiring. Just don't count on a really nice room. (Oh, and free wi-fi but unsecured, which was a concern.)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel about a year ago and were so pleasantly surprised to discover it. It is in such a fantastic gateway location, close to everything. Muir Woods is a 15-20 minute drive away, the city is just over the bridge. The rooms were spacious and modern, the view was peaceful and breathtaking, the breakfast was delicious and convenient. We stayed with two kids and it was great. It would be nice if they had an on-site full-service restaurant, but there are lots of food choices nearby. The manager was super friendly, accomodated our early arrival and check-in. I would plan to stay here any time I was in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the water!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WriterGirl167
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had business in the East Bay,and after we were finished,decided to go to Marin.
We stayed 1 night here,although it was one of the most powerful storms that first night.
When we arrived,a huge company had had a convention here and had taken over the hotel.
But,they were leaving:)
Besides the comfortable beds,and nice breakfast,the views are fantastic,as we awoke to no rain!
The bathrooms are lovely,and I love the tub!
Very romantic!!

#3 of 4 in Sausalito
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to Acqua Hotel Mill Valley? Share your experiences!