Great hotel for the money. Super clean. great service. nice landscaping. I would certainly stay there again if I have the chance. I have stayed in SF city center several times and next time I will probably just stay here.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
1. family of four (2 kids ages 10 & 13)
2. two night stay on a Tuesday & Wednesday
3. stay purpose: visit San Francisco and Muir Woods
4. Room 104: Queen Double, first floor, north end of complex, nice location
1. Short 25 minute drive (18 minutes per Map Quest) from this hotel to the Wharf area of SF.
2. Beautifully appointed, CLEAN, recently renovated, "zen" room with efficient & functional use of space.
3. The high ceilings gave a very airy and roomy feel to the room.
4. Beautiful view of the water from the room.
3. Recently installed hardwood floors, much better than carpet, much cleaner, love it.
4. Luxuriously comfortable, white bedding. I like white bedding, easy to tell if it's kept clean.
5 Shower/tub area grout was white, no sign of mold or mildew.
6. The botanical soap and lotions in the bathroom dispensers smelled lovely. The dispensers are convenient and leave counter and ledge spaces open.
7. Huge shower/soaking tub - no brushing up against the shower curtain.
8. The spa green tiles are a relaxing color, very serene.
9. The cotton ball and Q-Tip dispenser on the sink are a nice touch.
10, Hair dryer mounted on the wall, this info could be added to their website.
11. Alarm clock/docking station was a nice touch.
12. NO noise issues, with freeway noise or guest noise, as reported in other reviews.
13. Several restaurants withing walking distance. We ate at Piatti.
14. Breakfast Buffet = Awesome
The breakfast buffet was fabulous. With cold items starting at 6:30 a.m. and hot items at 7:00 a.m., we were able to get a good, healthy and yummy start to our day and get into the city early. The buffet had fresh fruit, pastries, toast & muffin options, fresh waffle maker, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, variety of juices, coffee, tea, hard boiled eggs, and I could be forgetting something. The gentleman who ran the buffet took great pride in his work. The food was beautifully presented, kept full, and the areas were kept clean.
The comfy bedding and botanical soaps and lotions made coming home every night after a long day of walking the trails or city a relaxing and heavenly experience. All team members were a pleasure and made us feel right at home. The lobby is very "Zen", loved it. I hope the team at Acqua Hotel can keep up the good work and keep this little gem a good value for the area. It was a beautiful stay and we thank you.
Observations For Potential Improvements
1. Install a bar in the shower to hang four washcloths.
2. Install another towel bar so four bath towels can be hung outside of the shower. Possibly
move the picture above the towel bar to above the commode and add another towel bar above the existing one.
#1 & 2 above are not an issue if you have your bath cloths laundered every day
3. Outlets: could use a few more easily accessible ones, maybe a strip mounted to the desktop. Had to go under the desk to use a strip. Worked, but not ideal. We had 2 phones, an iPod, and a camera battery to charge nightly.
4. A room safe would be nice.
5. The sliding glass door on first level was tricky. It was unlocked when we first entered our room, the last person probably couldn't lock it. Could use a little maintenance, but it was not a major issue as we finally figured it out.
6. Parking can be a little tight in the evening if you don't return early.
You get a lot for your money here. Large, contemporary rooms with comfortable beds. Complimentary wine and cheese in the afternoon and European style breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff and a good location for day-tripping in Marin County. Nice setting by a tidal pool of the bay. Everyone in our group said they would definitely return.
This place is definitely on our "return to" list. We checked in late as we'd had dinner with friends. The young man at the front desk couldn't have been nicer...a particularly welcome touch was that he immediately offered chocolate chip cookies and said that even though the wine hour had been earlier, he would be happy to pour me a glass of wine.
We were traveling with our dog and were a little apprehensive about the type of room we'd be offered, as the previous stop had been awful. But our room was clean, fresh smelling, and the sliding doors opened to a lovely little patio looking out directly on the lawn, walking path, and lagoon. Although the freeway was very close, with the doors closed the room was very quiet.
The next morning we took the dog for a walk along the path by the lagoon and then headed to the second floor breakfast room. Dogs are not allowed in the breakfast room, but there is a very nice balcony with tables which can be accessed from the walking path and you can bring your breakfast out onto the patio and the dog can be with you. Breakfast was very good...lots of choices and the attendants very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately we had to leave right after breakfast and weren't able to avail ourselves of the complimentary bicycle rentals.
A very pleasant, albeit short stay.
Did not want to return home today from the Aqua. We were there for a work, but it felt like vacation. Despite being on a frontage road near the freeway, the hotel faces Mt. Tam and an estuary, is surrounded by bike and walking paths, and beautiful landscaping, so it feels relaxing and refreshing. We loved that the hotel is water conscious given California's drought, and that there are recycling bins in the room for all those accumulated paper products. The only minor observation is that a compost bin in the dining area would be a great addition. Front desk staff was wonderful. Thanks for the hospitality.
Clearly one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. Very nice rooms, very nice view. Wine and cheese in the afternoon. A terrific breakfast and the gentleman that prepares it knows that bacon should be crispy! That is rare. Complimentary bicycles and a good trail to Sausalito were icing on the cake. Best of all the staff is friendly and helpful. We had occasion to interact with 5 of the staff and they were all great. Now if they only had a hot tub it would have been the perfect place.