I'm staying here tonight with my boyfriend and I'm so disappointed.
We've paid 230 euros for a small room with two singles pushed together, ripped wallpaper, a socket in the room with half the cover smashed off and a mattress which has been left at the end of the corridor for a good hour now.
I have just been down to see the manager and he offered another room which was just about big enough for a double bed and the same low standard decor so stayed with the slightly bigger one as we need the space.
We booked this hotel at the beginning of the year as a treat for New Year's Eve on our first snowboarding trip in Spain as we are staying out of town for the rest of our time here, and I wish we hadn't bothered.
The main reason we booked this hotel was all the great facilities it had listed including jacuzzi and sauna, turns out they are all chargeable and 35 euros for an hour to an hour and a half is quite frankly ridiculous. Nothing was mentioned on the laterooms website about the facilities being chargeable and the manager said he will speak to their marketing department, but it's a bit late for us now.
The only positive thing I will say is that it is very central, but for the money I would have preferred to get a taxi back to our other accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Sol y Nieve is located at the foot of the slopes in the ski resort of Sierra Nevada, in Plaza de Pradollano, the heart of the shopping and leisure area, only 100 m from the ski lifts. Its strategic location in the centre of the ski resort and only 33 km from Granada, its excellent services and fully equipped facilities make the Melia Sol y Nieve the perfect choice for your trip to Sierra Nevada. Recently fully renovated, the hotel has a spectacular YHI SPA measuring 2,500 m2 (with charge, bathing caps and flip-flops not included), a fully equipped 24 hour gym, a modern lobby, public areas, a miniclub, games room, ski storage, 4 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people; as well as magnificent guest rooms where you can enjoy superb views of the Sierra Nevada mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Sol y Nieve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sol y Nieve Hotel Sierra Nevada
- Melia Sierra Nevada
- Melia Hotel Sierra Nevada