we booked a double room having seen some amazing rooms on the site, thinking that paying 294 euros for ONE night, we would have apretty nice room. well no! we were put in an old old room of the hotel with a broken table leg, two single beds and not a double, and a smoking room. It stank!!!!! I have stayed in this hotel b4 and had an amazing new room but clearly 294 a night is not enough for a nice room. I would never in my life have ordered a smoking room either so I think we got stung!!! they wouldnt move us as apparently full.
The spa is COMPLETELY over priced. They wanted 28 euros per person to sit in the big pools and jacuzzis. and u HAVE to wear a hat which, did you bring your own? of course not, so they want 3.50 per hat! so to have a swim or a sit in the jacuzzi sets u back 31.50 per person. I personally think it ridiculous price when u have paid so much for a night. It should be included. at least an hours spa should be included for that price!
Breakfast was average and packed, not their fault I get it, but its not a nice feeling when the minute u stand up, the waiters are standing there ready to pounce on your table to clean it for the next guys. He practially swipped the plate from out of my hand....he saw my reaction and stood back, waiting to clear. not a nice feeling. Not all of us have come to ski and want RUSHED off our table. My coffee never came either!
Generally its a lovely hotel in a great location and the staff are friendly but I was extremely disappointed in the room I was given which just sent everything else down hill. Oh, and if you think 294 euros a night entitles you to a robe and slippers like other guests, your wrong! you dont get this in the rubbish rooms! I woke up with a painful back too. beds were hard! Also, 25 euros PER NIGHT for a parking spot. THis hotel knows its in the prime location and will charge what it wants! regardless of how over priced it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Sol y Nieve is located at the foot of the slopes in the ski resort of Sierra Nevada, in Plaza de Pradollano, the heart of the shopping and leisure area, only 100 m from the ski lifts. Its strategic location in the centre of the ski resort and only 33 km from Granada, its excellent services and fully equipped facilities make the Melia Sol y Nieve the perfect choice for your trip to Sierra Nevada. Recently fully renovated, the hotel has a spectacular YHI SPA measuring 2,500 m2 (with charge, bathing caps and flip-flops not included), a fully equipped 24 hour gym, a modern lobby, public areas, a miniclub, games room, ski storage, 4 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people; as well as magnificent guest rooms where you can enjoy superb views of the Sierra Nevada mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Sol y Nieve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sol y Nieve Hotel Sierra Nevada
- Melia Sierra Nevada
- Melia Hotel Sierra Nevada