“Do You know?”

Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Nevada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I must admit it´s unusual to write a review BEFORE You have been to the Hotel or even in the vicinity of the place.

However, I just wanted a very simple question answered, by the hotel, so I started by calling the FREE CALL CENTER with a very simple question.

"Is it possible to drive straight up to the Hotel Private Parking in my own car without chains, when it is or had been snowing? If not, how would I get up there?"

The girl was a fast speaking Spanish talking machine and no help at all. Absolutely useless! Do you speak English? she asked. (Me, after 10 years in Spain living with a Spanish girlfriend ?)

My answer was: Any European language you like, if you will just speak slowly please!
She now tried ½ English at the same speed! Please, give her some retraining in manners and the meaning of hospitality.

“Where and why does the Hotel have a Call Centre?”
In Madrid, she told me, she didn’t even know why.

Next I called the Hotel directly. Why not calling them in first place? Same question (Please see above) The answer: Call us when you are in Granada! or from City Parking Level 2.

I do not know where City Parking level 2 is? The Hotel website does not give any clues. I was still in Malaga, not Granada.

I have never been to the place, I had not even booked a room or made a decision to go before I had the information.

But I do know the difficulties in Austria when I am above the tree line in my own car.
That is why I called for the exact information but it was never given to me or found on the Hotel website.

I think, maybe we should just stay in the Valley? Below the snowline, at another Hotel with better Service and one which knows the product (Hospitality) that they are selling.?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PacoSpain
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Client,

Thank you for publishing your comment. Your opinion will help us to improve the service we offer our customers.

We are sorry that your experience with our call centre was not to your complete satisfaction and that you felt that the service offered by our staff was not as you would expect.

We also regret the misunderstanding with the hotel, the sole intention of which was to offer you directions to the hotel from a location close by, since we normally find that this is the easiest way to locate the hotel.

Despite this misunderstanding, we hope to welcome you to one of our hotels again soon.

Best regards,
Carmen Fernández

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The position of the hotel is great. Ski in ski out (if there is snow). We thought our room was spacious, clean and warm. The bathroom a little dark. Bed, room and breakfast all fantastic. It was then a pity to be let down by evening meal. (We wondered where all the other hotel guests went to eat? What do they know that we do not?). The evening meal was not 5*. One evening my Caesar Salad consisted of an iceberg lettuce literally cut into 4 quarters - enormous on my plate - with chicken cubes and mayonnaise thrown on!
The internet was sorted out whilst we were there, although, a little frustratingly your free wi-fi only lasts for 24 hours. (Then you have to ask for another 24 hour pass code!)
Hotel Rumaykiyya is a little dated but that should not necessarily be a bad thing. Get a good chef (and on a personal note, I would like a gym) then Rumaykiyya you will be 5*

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen us and for offering us your comments and opinions. We will take them into account carefully, because they will help us improve every day, and also to adapt our facilities and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We hope that you can visit us in the near future so that you can enjoy a real Vincci experience.

With best wishes,
Carmen Fernández

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I wanted to include some skiing in my tour of Andalucia but wasn't sure about the snow condition so I opted for a quality hotel. This property does not provide ammenities like a gym but I totally enjoyed my stay.
Got a room where the sun was shining from noon and to do some abdominal exercizes on the floor was a breeze.

The staff is helpful although some appear stressed, I totally enjoyed the night skiing which the reception suggested. Skipass and equipment rentals went smooth.
I usually go outside for food and refreshments but Geronimo was an excellent host, he was totally in control of the bar and his conversation skills were a delight, so I had all my meals in the hotel.
I didn't use the wellness-spa-massage.

There will be a possibility to ski all through the winter but there was some heavy snowfall after I left and I know the village turns into a proper wintersports town with a meter of snow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thoenes
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

To our esteemed guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Hotel Rumaykiyya captures the flavour of an Alpine retreat. The decor and style is simple and rustic.
Our room was spacious and had an alpine balcony looking out onto the sierra, so you can catch the sunrise reflecting off the piste – really beautiful.
There is a large restaurant with great views, where breakfast is served, as well as a small, cosy bar.
This hotel is in an elevated spot, above the main area of bars and restaurants, so it is a quieter spot. I liked it for being more tranquil, but it does mean you have to take the hotel shuttle bus or take the chair lift immediately adjacent to the hotel to get to the main square. Sierra Nevada can get overwhelmed with students on low cost breaks, making the centre very noisy, so this is a good location for a relaxing visit to the ski resort, away from some of the more crazy goings on.
There is an onsite winter sports rental company, they can kit you out with everything you need, from boots, skis or board, and safety helmet, to lift pass or ‘forfait’ as it is known.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

To our esteemed guest:
It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Set in a perfect ski in - ski out location. Although situated at the top of the village (long walk down to the centre and lots of stairs back up), the free shuttle service was a welcome service. From the moment we arrived, the staff were friendly and helpful. Possibly found the cost of the hotel, food and drinks a little pricey as the hotel was more in keeping with a 4 star establishment. The manager was most attentive and very friendly. Overall, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stuart L
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Vincci Hotels and sending us your feedback. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and that our location and staff were both to your liking. We will pass along your praise to the entire hotel staff. That you had a good experience with us is our greatest satisfaction and what motivates us to continue working hard so that our guest´s experience in our hotels is pleasant and enjoyable.
We would like to also inform you that we will bear close in mind your ideas and feedback in order to improve in the future. Ultimately we work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
Warmest regards.

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff were very friendly as soon as you arrive, they helped park our car and take the bags to our room. Rooms are lovely and spacious and have a nice alpine feel. They can get very warm though. We went half board, breakfast was yummy lots to choose from and supper was equally as good, great buffet selection, so much so I was stuffed by the time my main course came. I was celebrating my birthday and they brought champagne and cake to my table, great surprise. Location is great, you can hire your skis from the hotel and get your ski passes too and then ski straight onto the slopes from the hotel. What more could you want? Very impressed and will not consider staying anywhere else after discovering this hotel! Recommend it to all!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank LJAllan
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Hi to all, Surprised to read many not so good reviews and of course respecting them, I would like to say that it's the only place where we go (now for 5 years) as we haven't been able to find any place better to enjoy of a very nice hotel, excellent staff and perfect service.
We've enjoyed in family and in other ocasion just a group of friends!
This year everything was just perfect !!
Please do not change or we'll probably not go for skying anymore!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Guillermo V
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

To our esteemed guest:
We appreciate your comments. We will pass along your praise to the hotel’s entire staff. That you had a good experience at our hotel is our greatest pleasure, and it’s the reason why we work so hard every day.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nevada
Melia Sol y Nieve
#5 of 12 in Nevada
El Lodge
El Lodge
#2 of 26 in Sierra Nevada National Park

Been to Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya? Share your experiences!