“Excellent ski in/out location”

Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Nevada
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent ski in/out location”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the Vincci on a last minute deal and were there for one night. The hotel itself is in a great location right near a ski lift and access to the piste and is a traditional chalet style with a real old fashioned charm. The rooms are a good size with comfortable beds. The best part of our stay has to be the bar where they serve the best mojitos in Spain...if not the world. Friendly staff and a good hearty breakfast make up for the fact that the piano lounge and communal areas are looking a bit tired and felt very cold and unwelcoming. All in all though a very good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gran Canaria, Spain
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently for 5 nights during my first ever skiing trip..
The Hotel is lovely, the room, service and food where just fantastic, but probably the best of all was the people that worked there, nothing to much trouble, always smiling and helpful.

Also the facilities at the hotel were great, there is an In house Ski shop were you can Rent all the Ski equipment and lessons that you need during your stay, also there is a Ski lift directly outside the hotel.

Thanks to everyone who works at this hotel for making our stay Special, we will see you again when we return to this Fantastic Ski resort Sierra Navada..

Room Tip: 117 our room was fantastic with great views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Perfect location for skiing, and it was easy for us to pick up our ski equipment and arrange a class. The slopes were easily accessible. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help with a smile. The room was excellent, and the warm, rustic decor of the hotel added to a great winter experience.

london
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Rumaykiyya for 3 nights last week & wished we could have stayed longer! We were greeted with a glass of champagne and shown to our room on check in - we were upgraded to a beautiful junior suite offering views out over the breathtaking snow covered landscape & slopes - thank you! Everything about our room was top class, from the 4 poster bed complete with feather & down duvets & pillows, to the bathroom with a good shower to the cosy sitting/ dining area & always lovely & warm.

Breakfast offered a wide selection of both continental & traditional dishes which we enjoyed. Dinner, although an unusual set up from our own experiences, worked very well & which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our main courses on both nights we dined in the restaurant were simply delicious!

The hotel was reasonably quiet during this week, however service never faultered & the staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant throughout.

The decor of the hotel throughout is beautiful and in keeping with the alpine region.

In hindsight, we now wished we had stayed for longer before travelling down to the coast, however we will be returning next January (if we cant make it back before!) without a doubt - looking forward to it!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I must admit it´s unusual to write a review BEFORE You have been to the Hotel or even in the vicinity of the place.

However, I just wanted a very simple question answered, by the hotel, so I started by calling the FREE CALL CENTER with a very simple question.

"Is it possible to drive straight up to the Hotel Private Parking in my own car without chains, when it is or had been snowing? If not, how would I get up there?"

The girl was a fast speaking Spanish talking machine and no help at all. Absolutely useless! Do you speak English? she asked. (Me, after 10 years in Spain living with a Spanish girlfriend ?)

My answer was: Any European language you like, if you will just speak slowly please!
She now tried ½ English at the same speed! Please, give her some retraining in manners and the meaning of hospitality.

“Where and why does the Hotel have a Call Centre?”
In Madrid, she told me, she didn’t even know why.

Next I called the Hotel directly. Why not calling them in first place? Same question (Please see above) The answer: Call us when you are in Granada! or from City Parking Level 2.

I do not know where City Parking level 2 is? The Hotel website does not give any clues. I was still in Malaga, not Granada.

I have never been to the place, I had not even booked a room or made a decision to go before I had the information.

But I do know the difficulties in Austria when I am above the tree line in my own car.
That is why I called for the exact information but it was never given to me or found on the Hotel website.

I think, maybe we should just stay in the Valley? Below the snowline, at another Hotel with better Service and one which knows the product (Hospitality) that they are selling.?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PacoSpain
Carmen_VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Client,

Thank you for publishing your comment. Your opinion will help us to improve the service we offer our customers.

We are sorry that your experience with our call centre was not to your complete satisfaction and that you felt that the service offered by our staff was not as you would expect.

We also regret the misunderstanding with the hotel, the sole intention of which was to offer you directions to the hotel from a location close by, since we normally find that this is the easiest way to locate the hotel.

Despite this misunderstanding, we hope to welcome you to one of our hotels again soon.

Best regards,
Carmen Fernández
Gaggi, Italy
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The position of the hotel is great. Ski in ski out (if there is snow). We thought our room was spacious, clean and warm. The bathroom a little dark. Bed, room and breakfast all fantastic. It was then a pity to be let down by evening meal. (We wondered where all the other hotel guests went to eat? What do they know that we do not?). The evening meal was not 5*. One evening my Caesar Salad consisted of an iceberg lettuce literally cut into 4 quarters - enormous on my plate - with chicken cubes and mayonnaise thrown on!
The internet was sorted out whilst we were there, although, a little frustratingly your free wi-fi only lasts for 24 hours. (Then you have to ask for another 24 hour pass code!)
Hotel Rumaykiyya is a little dated but that should not necessarily be a bad thing. Get a good chef (and on a personal note, I would like a gym) then Rumaykiyya you will be 5*

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VincciHoteles, Atención al Cliente at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen us and for offering us your comments and opinions. We will take them into account carefully, because they will help us improve every day, and also to adapt our facilities and services to our customers' tastes and needs.

We hope that you can visit us in the near future so that you can enjoy a real Vincci experience.

With best wishes,
Carmen Fernández
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I wanted to include some skiing in my tour of Andalucia but wasn't sure about the snow condition so I opted for a quality hotel. This property does not provide ammenities like a gym but I totally enjoyed my stay.
Got a room where the sun was shining from noon and to do some abdominal exercizes on the floor was a breeze.

The staff is helpful although some appear stressed, I totally enjoyed the night skiing which the reception suggested. Skipass and equipment rentals went smooth.
I usually go outside for food and refreshments but Geronimo was an excellent host, he was totally in control of the bar and his conversation skills were a delight, so I had all my meals in the hotel.
I didn't use the wellness-spa-massage.

There will be a possibility to ski all through the winter but there was some heavy snowfall after I left and I know the village turns into a proper wintersports town with a meter of snow.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Thoenes
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Rumaykiyya, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
To our esteemed guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.