“A Blast from the Past!”

Ranked #11 of 40 Natchez B&B and Inns
Mandeville, Louisiana
“A Blast from the Past!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently spent the weekend at Linden visiting with Mrs. Feltus and 23 sorority sisters for a reunion. The memories we shared of past visits to Natchez and fun times having our Kappa Delta sorority formal there many years ago was just amazing. The grounds surrounding Linden are beautifully landscaped and the house is so wonderfully comfortable and charming. This is "Southern Graciousness" at its finest!!The breakfasts were delicious and my new favorite drink is milk punch. I look forward to going back again with my family soon.
Susan Byrnside Stringer

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed at Linden with several girl friends. Most of the trip was spent visiting out on the back porch. It was a beautiful setting on a cool afternoon. Linden is rich in history and the stories of the plantation are unique. Ms Jeannette was welcoming to all of us and very gracious. My favorite part of the weekend was our Sunday breakfast. It was a feast for a queen. Our room was very spacious and loved all the antiques. It was a wonderful experience. I told my mother she and her girl friends need to visit and stay at Linden..

Room Tip: We stayed in Dick's room. It was beautiful.
Houston
Reviewed 10 June 2013

What a lovely and relaxing weekend with friends at Linden. The hospitality was superb as we were all made to feel we were right at home. The food was also excellent. I can't wait to return and do not hesitate in recommending Linden.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I returned to Linden after 33 years for a Kappa Delta reunion of sorts. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to be back. Mrs. Jeannette has everything prepared and orchestrated for our entire stay. There were 23 of us reunited that weekend. We enjoyed cocktails on the back porch Friday evening catching up with one another. Saturday we met for brunch, returned to Linden for a reunion photo for The Natchez Democrat, then went to the Under The Hill bar for singing & dancing until dinner. The next morning, Mrs. Jeannette had the ultimate breakfast waiting for us in the formal dining room - it was divine. Linden is the Antebellum Bed & Breakfast of Natchez, MS. To visit Natchez and not see this beautiful, historical home with all of its features would be to miss the heart and soul of Natchez. Linden is a must see whether you are passing through or spending the summer. You will experience the best the South has to offer with its Southern charm and Mrs. Jeannette as your hostess. I am planning on taking my parents to stay there on our way to Florida.

Room Tip: Visit their website for a realistic selection of what you can expect from a lovely, first class ante...
Jonesboro AR
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We visited the home as part of a tour but did not stay at this B&B so our experience is related to the tour and Mrs. Jeanette Feltus as our guide. She was quite charming and entertaining. The milk punch she served was amazingly good and refreshing. She seemed delighted to have us as guests in her home and related many personal stories of her experiences in the one. My sisters and I thought she set the bar high for other tours of the day. We will make a return trip just to visit with her.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Visited Linden House recently with 4 friends from out west. This was a first time visit to the south for most of them and it was an excellent venue for showing off the south and all its hospitality. Our rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The house itself was so inviting. Ms. Jeanette was the perfect host and a true southern belle. Karlyn and Pumpkin met our every need. Karlyn even set us up with a guided tour of the city cemetery with none other than Mr. Don Estes, auther of Ledends of the Natchez Cithy Cemetery....talk about going the extra mile. My only regret was that mother nature dedided to chill us off a little and we didnt have enough "porch time"....cant control the weather. I look forward to visiting Linden House again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Frazier Park, California, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed with 4 high school friends at Linden for the 2013 Spring Pilgrimage. It was a great experience, except for the one of use who would not sleep alone in her room because of the ghosts. Worked for me....I got my own room! The grounds are beautiful. The house is true to it's era. If I were to stay at another B&B next visit, it would only be for comparison because I'm so curious. I would certainly go back to visit the ladies of Linden.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends