“Great experience for our family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Linden Bed and Breakfast

Linden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Keller, Texas
“Great experience for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our family stopped here on the way to the beach July 6th. My boys loved this place and it was a great experience for our family. After an afternoon exploring the city and a great dinner, we explored the yards at Linden and played games on the porch. It was a wonderful night. We hadn't seen lightning bugs in so long and they were lighting up the gardens! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Jeanette and Carlyn were great hosts. We can't wait to come back to Linden. After breakfast we toured the house and learning the history of the property, made us fall in love with the place even more!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Where to start with this place? First of all, the grounds are lovely and expansive. There are pretty flowers everywhere. They have a nice ice maker on the porch. They also had a nice television in the room. The old window panes are very pretty. The little biscuits were good.
My first complaint is that the visitor's center referred us here. We showed up to be told by the owner that she wanted us to pay in cash or check because credit card fees were so high and she had given us a discount at $160 a night. In my opinion this should have been made clear at the visitor's center. My friends did go to an ATM because they desperately wanted to stay in a southern mansion. There was clearly no great demand because we were the only ones there. Since the Hampton Inn charged $125 for the same night, I didn't consider that a discount.
My second complaint-no Internet access-enough said.
Next problem was the air conditioning. One room had no control on the AC as the controls were in an adjacent locked room. The other room had a window AC that was either plugged in and on full blast or unplugged and off. It was as loud as a lawn mower and practically froze the nose off my face. I was up and down all night unplugging it and plugging back in. It was ungodly hot outside so no going without it. The first night I slept with a pillow over my face. I am always hot so an AC has to be unusual to freeze me out. It's the first one I've ever seen with no controls on it.
Breakfast is served at 8:30 am, convenient for the hosts but it certainly is not for people who like to sleep until 9 when on vacation. Food consisted of cheese grits, biscuits, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, and a dish of fruit, a glass of orange juice and coffee. The servant was very polite and amenable.
The bed I slept in was not comfortable and the pillows felt like the ones you can buy for five dollars at Wal-Mart. The coverlet/blanket was some kind of acrylic knitted thing that felt horrible.
My last complaint is the distance from town. It is more than two miles away. My preference for not having to drive everywhere we went was nixed. The request for in town, Internet access and good air conditioning was clearly ignored by the visitor's center.
If it is important to you to sleep in an old house and pretend you are Scarlett O'Hara, then this is the place. I prefer modern conveniences. You can always tour the mansions and stay in a nice hotel. Just be forewarned and do your own research, don't rely on the visitor's center.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cehenrichs
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I spent our 2nd wedding anniversary in Natchez and stayed at the Linden. They were able to accomodate our Truck and Bass Boat (which others did not have the parking). The owner/operator lives at the house and her and her staff were full of stories and history about the house and Natchez. They made dinner reservations for us and gave great insight as to what to see and do. We stayed in "dicks room" which had a huge king size bed and private beth. All the necessaties that one would need while staying in the period. I loved the sound of the old wood floors squeaking. We will go back and we will stay at the Linden when we do!
Awesome place and Awesome people!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donna d
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I and another couple stayed here and absolutely loved it!!! Ms.Janette and Ms.Carlynn were some of the sweetest ladies we've meet and were very hospitable. Their suggestions for food were excellent. My husband and I stayed in Marjorie's room. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and we enjoyed seeing all the original pieces and hearing about the history of The Linden. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tallie S
Hammond, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My mom and I made a last minute decision to do a road trip and tour plantations. I am soooo ahppy that we picked the Linden to stay at. Being great by karlyn made me feel at home. She was so wonderful and accomodating. She made excellent suggestions and helped map out our tours. Sitting on the porch visiting with Jeannette was also a highlight. I wish I had the energy she does. Wonderful breakfast and such a great tour. Also the best night's sleep of my life. I need to know where they got these sheets!!!I would highly recommend Linden as a place to stay whether it is 2 people or 10. Thanks for such a great experience!! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brittany S
Greenbrier, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

this was fabulous, they were gracious from start to finish, we stayed in Dicks room and the little room of to the side of it, beautiful! jannette and her helper were amazing, super sweet, breakfast 830 consists of grits, Cajun sausage, scrambled eggs, a slice of watermelon and biscuits, they have the basic laid out for you in the dining hall, so that when you sit down, it's waiting on you, then they bring the biscuits around for you, the rooms were beautiful and they give you a tour after breakfast

Room Tip: dicks room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tiregirl22
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Linden is a beautiful large house that is now open for tours and run as a bed and breakfast by, if I count correctly, the 4th and 5th generation of the second owner. Much of the furniture has been in the house for a very long time, so it is a great way to experience what life during the cotton boom was like. Beyond that, Linden's real charm for me was that it still feels as if the family is living in it. The guest rooms are large, with high ceilings, and the living room and verandah are comfortable places to sit in history supported by calm hospitality.

Room Tip: The bigger ones are in the main house, the rooms in the wings are smaller.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family