“40th Anniversary Dream”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“40th Anniversary Dream”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Thank you for the weekend at Dunleigh, it was a dream! Our daughter gave us the weekend for our 40th Anniversary, what a wonderful present! Our stay was wonderful in every way.

The Castle Restaurant had the finest cuisine, excellent service. We had a local brew in the bar prior to dinner.

Our room was a mix between modern and old. Imagine having a television in the plantaion house!

glen

Room Tip: We stayed in the building behind the big house. Not a problem, and the tub was fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Monroe, LA
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Recently my wife and I had the opportunity to experience the Dunleith Plantation. We moved a child into LSU and on the way home, stayed the night at Dunleith. My wife and I both were pleasantly pleased with our room at the Dunleith. The restaurant was awesome and it just topped off the entire experience. I would certainly recommend the Dunleith Plantation to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My friend Lori and I were given a private tour of Dunleith by Brian T this weekend and our jaws literally dropped. New renovations, no expense spared, make this one of the most beautiful houses either of us has ever seen. Congratulations to the staff and owners for making this a heart-stopping must-see on your Natchez trip. Dinner at the restaurant was fantastic, too. The bar downstairs and the friendly staff invited us to watch Olympic closing ceremony with them. A blast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Louisiana
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I fell in love with Natchez over 40 years ago and have visited often since. My home in Louisiana is near enough to do day trips often; however, this was my third stay at Dunleigh. While I love to stay in the main house, due to renovations therein, my daughter-in-law and I stayed in the newly renovated carriage house for her birthday treat. And what a treat it was! The decor is sleek and classy, but the wonderful sepia portraits which adorn the walls are a reminder of days and people gone by in this magnificent historical setting.

The bedding was tremendous...so comfortable that we asked where we could order those fabulous goose down pillows! Madeline texted us within hours---how nice! The staff has thought of everything for our comfort...plush towels, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, nice glasses and ice bucket, whirlpool tubs, Aveda products, Keurig Coffee Maker with coffee and tea, and porcelain mugs...and quiet.

Everyone was friendly and helpful. We were greeted with enthusiasm and information at the front desk by Minnie. Aaron, our bellman, brought our bags in and offered to fill the ice bucket for us. We spoke with other friendly staff throughout our visit, many of whom offered assistance and information. We were made to feel at home and special. At checkout, we had a great, fun visit with Minnie and Debbie, the front desk manager. We really hated to leave. My daughter-in-law was so impressed that she booked another package stay for a special uncle who helps out on their farm. (This was her first stay at Dunleigh. )

The grounds are well-kept and beautiful. The kidney-shaped pool is secluded and quiet for those who want to rest. The groundsmen quieted their equipment as we approached...just unbelievable detail to respect and consideration of guests.

We had dinner and breakfast at the Castle restaurant, and the food was delicious! The menu is varied, plenty for any palate. Our fried green tomato with jumbo lump crabmeat appetizer was scrumptious! And the ribeye was cooked to perfection, just as ordered. Lord, the cream brûlée was, well, my hips testify to its goodness. ;) Locals patronize both the restaurant and adjoining Bowie's Tavern, known as "Natchez's living room". The breakfast buffet was wonderful, too, and the staff there was equally as friendly. We had a great time. Thank you, again, for making my daughter-in-law's birthday oh so special! A real memory-maker!

PS Consider a ride or stroll through the historic Natchez cemetery. History and antiques abound in downtown Natchez. Ask for directions to the Riverfront Royale Salon & Spa in Vidalia, LA, facing Natchez from across the river. It overlooks the Mississippi River and is the absolute best! Treat yourself. We did!
Rita Lynn Jackson, Plaquemine, LA

Room Tip: All the rooms are centrally heat and air conditioned. The house and grounds are vast and away from...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RitaLynn
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed here only one night, but it's so nice - we could stay here forever!
VERY friendly staff, excellent food, calm, peaceful and relaxin'!
Very clean and big room, nice view!
Bed is BIG and very comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poornapoleon
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family and I just returned from our stay here. It was beautiful and truly lived up to my expectations. We were riding through Natchez looking for possible wedding venues and decided to stop here. I'm so glad we did.The wedding coordinating staff were so welcoming and helpful (I met with Debbie and Bryan). They were flexible and made Dunleith top on my list of possible venues. They gave me all the information I needed and were very knowledgeable . Not to mention, the mansion itself is breathtaking. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. What started out as a tour, ended up being our hotel from the night! They were nice enough to put us in a beautiful room at a moments notice. We felt at home. The Castle had great food and the service there was good as well. Although, expect a more upscale restaurant (we wore our day clothes.. whoops!). Overall, I had nothing but good things to say about this place. I will be revisiting and possibly saying I do here as well!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This place is amazingly beautiful and it's in a great location for the rest of Natchez but the lack of service lets it down. If you can forgive the rude lady on the front desk then the rooms in the house are worth the extra money and it's worth eating in the restaurant, the food was surprisingly good.

Room Tip: Don't go unless you're prepared to pay for a room in the house.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Love_to_explore_000
Shelley R, Guest Relations Manager at Dunleith, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we like hearing from our guests. Our Front Desk Manager received this information and is in the process of reviewing with our employees. We want Dunleith to be the best experience possible. I am sorry that you encountered this problem, I hope you will visit us again in the future. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this please don't hesitate to contact me at sdooley@dunleith.com

Shelley Rogers