“Great Vacation Experience”

Ranked #34 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Great Vacation Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We felt as if we lived there!! The owner is so fascinating with her true and humble southern welcoming to us during our stay. I felt like part of the family! Where else would a hotel owner tell you to feel free to get a start of one of her plants from the garden to take home?! You must get her homemade chocolate dream cake! It is heaven!! I cannot express enough in the small space here of the enjoyment and time we spent in Natchez. Glenfield is a very historic home and cozy. The breakfast was all prepared fresh by the owner and yummy! The patio under the grand oaks are relaxing, and the bedrooms were clean and comfortable! I only wish I had spotted a ghost from the others stories. You could not ask for a more precious family to greet you at this charming antebellum home.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AppleOr
glenfieldbb, Owner at Glenfield Plantation Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
You are family when you stay at Glenfield Plantation! We absolutely loved having you and are so appreciative of your high review! Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. It was a pleasure to have you in my family home, and please do let me know how the recipe I shared with you turns out! See you next time during your stay in Natchez!

Many blessings,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was my first stay at a B&B. I absolutely loved it! It was just like being at home. Margorie and Valerie make you feel so welcome like you are part of their family. They have great advice on what to do and where to eat. Margorie's biscuits were "the bomb" and i was her "milk girl" because i like milk with my breakfast as opposed to all the other guests there at the time who all drank coffee and/or juice. Every morning breakfast was something different and delicious. Would definitely stay here again....thinking about coming back for a longer stay during the Fall Pilgrimage to see and do what we didn't have time for on this trip. Very highly recommend staying here with these wonderful ladies!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lisachoate
glenfieldbb, Owner at Glenfield Plantation Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! We loved having you as well, and do hope that your travels were a pleasant one! Please do come back and see us again soon!

Your friends at Glenfield,

Marjorie and Valerie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Glenfield home is perfectly situated outside of town to fully enjoy the tranquil environment of Natchez. Valerie welcomed us from NYC, with open arms and an open heart. Her recommendations for dinner were spot on.

Marjorie, Valerie's mom, is a tour de force. She will keep you smiling and wanting more days after you have left. We loved her storytelling whilst touring the antebellum home, her Southern Spirit, and vibrant personality. She is one of life's true characters.

We highly recommend Glenfield if you want the true home-from-home experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the house. We had the room on the porch.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan B
You two were absolute darling guest! And I have to get a pair of those tennis shoes you had for my grandson! Guess we will have to visit New York one day to enjoy shopping!! Thank you for writing such a lovely review of Glenfield Plantation. We are so very glad you both stayed with us, and do hope you will return one day!

Best wishes from us!

Marjorie and Valerie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had the best stay at the Glenfield plantation. The host is the most charming woman, who told us stories about her house, her family, Natchez and the region, and made everything possible to make us happy. The house has a real charm and soul and is comfortable, the two dogs certainly don't bark, and the garden and property were superb. When we were there in February it was all frozen and totally enchanting

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank VeroDupont-Ongun
How delightful to read your response and even though the winter frost had come through Natchez, having guest such as ya'll made the comfort of my home so warm and enjoyable. It's guest like yourself that enjoy true history of a historic bed and breakfast worth while as an owner. I enjoyed telling the old stories of days gone by, and welcoming your stay. Please do come back to see me if you are ever in the area, whether for a cup of coffee or to stay at Glenfield once again. You will always be a welcomed guest!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My daughter and I spent the night of Dec.13th at Glenfield Plantation and had a wonderful time.Ms. Margorie was delightful and prepared us a delicious breakfast, gave us a tour and history of the house and was very accomadating. We plan to stay there again soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 1234162
You and your daughter were charming guest, and I hope you are both doing well. It's so nice to read reviews of my guest that have enjoyed their stay at Glenfield. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of my family home and Bed and Breakfast with other viewers. That was very kind of you to do so! I do hope you two will come back to visit one day.

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay during the evenings of 12/13/13 and 12/14/13. The hospitality of the owner was greatly welcomed by us (not like the ront desk experience one gets at a hotel). She catered to our every need, provided delicious breakfasts each morning, and gave us a wonderful tour of her beautiful property. Additionally, our pet Yorkie traveled with us and she was made to feel most welcome in the house. Natchez is a hidden gem for those seeking an authentic Southern experience. People take the time to smile at you and engage you in pleasant conversation. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cannon room. It was very comfortable and roomy for two (and a dog kennel)..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
What a charming couple you two were! I enjoyed having you both in my family home, and love the fact you appreciate the history and charm of an old home and historic city! It was my pleasure to host your stay, and do hope you will both return again to Glenfield. Thank you for the warm words and high ratings of your experience with us!

Vancleave, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Glenfield for Thanksgiving 2013. We had such a wonderful time! The house is very old, I believe the oldest part was started in the 1700's. My husband and I both love history, so this place was a real treasure. Glenfield is not fancy necessarily, but if you are looking for a homey place, with a most gracious hostess, then Glenfield is for you. The grounds of Glenfield are also beautiful. It is in a secluded area, and there are no homes or anything nearby. The Cannon Room was great, with a gas fireplace, and a 4 poster bed; very romantic. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple