“Stay great, except for management” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eola Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eola Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
nowhere
“Stay great, except for management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2007

I had my wedding at the Natchez Historic Inn in March, and let me tell you it was a heck of an experience. The manager almost ruined my wedding day and after a long involved story she apologized. The other two girls who were working there were awesome, they made up for all the trouble we had with the manager. My wedding turned out to be a beautiful day, and I am happy that we chose that spot minus the manager. The food was wonderful, and the flowers were awesome. My parents stayed a few more days and apparently the cook walked out b/c of the manager and they were sent somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sabraw4593

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntington. W.V.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2007

When reserving my room as an individual traveling with a group, we were told that the cancellation fee's were waved and that we had 24 hours to cancel as an individual. I was to arrive on Thursday June 14 and stay for 2 nights. However due to my Father's surgery I had to cancel. I called on Wed. June 13th. They refused to honor the policy they previously stated concerning cancellations. After an argument they did agree to charge me for only one room. I am out $143.50. Debbie Chapman Riggs

Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank Huntington_W_V_Chap
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2007

The Inn is in downtown Natchez, near the river, historic properties, shopping, restaurants and the cemeteries. The staff is very friendly. The rooms have high ceilings and great furnishings. The bathroom was a bit small, but well appointed. If you are looking for a place to stay that mirrors the flavor of the town, this is the place. You should consider staying upstairs. The ground floor rooms are generally quiet, but when breakfast started and we were trying to sleep late, people coming in off the street to eat kept us from sleeping. The breakfast was acceptable (eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits), but nothing to write home about. Don't miss enjoying the front porch in the evening for a drink. They have a well-stocked bar and very good, house-made hors d'oeuvres, highlighted by the tasty onion dip the night we were there. The staff was accommodating of our late checkout and we had a wonderful time.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank coastangel
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2006

What a wonderful stay!!! I recently stayed at the newly renovated Inn and I must say that this is without a doubt the best place to stay in Natchez. I learned that it was purchased this year by one of the legends in grand Southern interior design, Buzz Harper, and it is certainly reflected in the property and the wonderfully appointed rooms. I greatly enjoyed having evening cocktails in the area that reminded me of a proper gentleman's parlor as well as the fabulous made-to-order breakfast in the elegant dining room. The bed was heavenly and the room was very spacious with beautiful furnishings.
I highly recommend this inn to those seeking comfort, elegance and attention to details. I loved my stay so much that I am returning in three weeks with friends!!

• Liked — Grandeur and Elegance and Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Visit parlor for evening cocktails
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank CharAda
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Natchez Historic Inn for our anniversary this year. We had stayed at the inn before, but it came under new ownership and management early this year and we hadn't had the opportunity to return since then. I called the property directly to make our reservations. The person with whom I spoke was very friendly and outgoing, and was able to answer the questions I had about the inn and its surroundings. She also made dinner reservations for us for that Saturday night at an up-scale restaurant in town--I didn't have to call them at all.
We arrived on a Friday evening, and the place was buzzing with activity. There is a lovely sitting room with a cash bar in the hotel, and there are all kinds of snacks and appetizers available to everyone. After checking in, we spent about an hour in the sitting room and on the veranda, sipping champagne and chatting with other guests and hotel staff. For dinner, the receptionist recommended a local restaurant within walking distance which we absolutely loved.
Saturday morning we didn't want to get up because the bed was so comfortable, but we also didn't want to miss breakfast at the inn. The options were modest, but we were satisfied with the southern meal, which included eggs, bacon, grits and biscuits. (There was lighter fare, but we wanted the full experience.) We spent the morning wandering around the historic downtown district and its antique shops and touring one of the antebellum homes. After lunch we opted to be lazy at the hotel, reading and chatting in the shady courtyard, which was completely full of ferns, flowering plants, fountains, and other items of interest. That evening we went to the upscale restaurant mentioned above, where we were seated at the main table. It turned out that of the six couples at that table, three of us were staying at the same inn and everyone was very complimentary of it.
Sunday morning we made sure to get out of bed in time for breakfast. When we checked out, the staff truly seemed sorry to see us go. We will definitely return.

• Liked — There are so many interesting things to look at in the hotel that we noticed something different every time we entered a room.
  • Disliked — Although the TV in our room was new and nice, it was very small for the size of the room.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you are going to stay at the Natchez Historic Inn for a couple of days, think about booking one of their "package getaways" which includes many extra amenities for a good price (we will probably do that next time).
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 110109l
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

We have just returned from an absolutely delightful week's stay at this charming inn. The inn is under new management and the host, Mr. Harper, and the manager, Sharon Brown, (as well as the rest of the staff) made our stay absolutely perfect. They could not do enough for their guests. Mr. Harper is an excellent baker so don't miss his special cakes--they were wonderful. Room was always clean, attended to in a prompt manner and the bed was very comfortable. Some repainting was going on outside but in no way distracted from our stay. The courtyard was a wonderful place to have coffee, soft drinks, wine, etc. There are flowers everywhere. We even received fresh cut roses in our room one day. The gentleman who attended to the grounds even asked us if there was anything he could do for us. A nice glass of wine on the veranda made a perfect ending to a wonderful day. We would not hesitate to recommend this inn. We loved it and hated to leave. On our next trip to Natchez, it will be the Natchez Historic Inn for us.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank ladybug42
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2006

The service was good and the rooms were big (#155). The noise level outside our door and in the next room got a little high in the mornings. It's convenient, right in the middle of downtown and walking distance to all of the antique shops. There is a nice cortyard where one can sit and read on a pleasant day next to a couple fountains. It's gated and secluded (the cortyard, that is.) A nice breakfast with great coffee is included each morning.

• Stayed April 2006