“This is what hotel service should be!”
Review of Super 8 Natchez

Super 8 Natchez
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Memphis, Tennessee
“This is what hotel service should be!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have to say upon arrival at this hotel and throughout my visit I feel I was treated with respect, friendliness, courtesy, and the highest level of professionalism by the guest service rep at the counter named Crystal M. (Hopefully I remember correctly). She made my stay extremely delightful. Anything I needed she tried to do her best to assure it was taken care of. She spoke with complete professionalism. I thanked her so much prior to leaving because now a days it is hard to receive this type of courtesy and respect when staying at a hotel. She definitely changed my outlook on hotels. I only was reporting the horrible ones like (red roof inn in Brentwood), but Now I have a new reason to review. You all should know about the great ones too. This is a small town but it is nice and the history is nice also. The only problems I encountered was the ice machine on the second floor was not working and they were out of towels often by so many people being in the hotel for the USATF Regionals. But I feel a hotel should have more than enough sheets, towels, washcloths, etc. to provide for their guests.Oh yea, and the let out couch was extremely uncomfortable. All I felt when I was sleeping were springs through my body. Very uncomfortable night sleep. I allowed my boys to sleep in the king bed because I wanted them to be comfortable. I doubled the sheets on the bed and everything. But it is just time for an upgrade on the sleep sofas. But her service out weighed these minor problems. It wasn't until the morning of checkout I encountered an unfriendly rep named Miriam (something like that). She was not welcoming, polite or helpful. I had to wait 6 minutes before I could even get her to come check us out. I needed towels and she questioned me about how many people were in my room before she would even give me any towels. It took her about 5 minutes to address this issue as well. I guess she was the only one working that morning. But Crystal was an awesome representation of what all hotels should be and stand for! Thank you Crystal! Great place to stay overall. Go Visit Natchez, MS. and stay at Best Western. Stayed July 5-7, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ProudMommyof4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Little Rock
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was an overnight visit to Natchez and we were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay that was clean and in a good location. The motel is right on the banks of the Mississippi and we had a second floor room overlooking the river and the bridges. It looks like you are going to go onto the bridge, but the motel is the last turn before going over to LA. The place is an older motel, but still in pretty good shape. The room was clean except for a big stain on the hassock. The bed was fine and everything seemed to work. The location is also just a short drive from the historic district and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank nj50
SW Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was night 17 of a 20 day road trip. We stayed mostly in Hamptons so far. The reservation was made 30 days in advance, via phone to the motel, with a request for a ground floor room. A AARP credit was applied. The exterior grounds were undergoing renovation when we arrived. We were assigned room 105. The first floor smelled like curry. The hall carpets and room carpet were stained and dirty, and in need of repair. The bathroom floor grout was seriously cracked. There were no pens or paper. The floor lamp was leaning over. There was dried vomit on the edge of the bed cover and floor between the bed and the wall with the window. When I walked barefoot from the closest bed to the bathroom, to the bathroom, the bottoms of my feet were black. I took pictures of the room. There was no 6:30 breakfast. At 7 a.m. a number of guests stood and watched a clerk stumble around in the dark in the breakfast area. The chairs were on the tables. Nothing was even started. We left. A totally bad experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FLTrav2

Travellers are raving about these Natchez hotels

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Hotel was very clean, quiet. Rooms were a nice size. Full breakfast was nice, but no high chairs. Also no availability of cribs. Overall nice stay. The view from the room was the bridge over the Mississippi. It was gorgeous at sunset!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Michelle C
Estero FL, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We found everything about this hotel to be as advertised, and better. It is apparently quite a new facility and is in excellent condition, with good amenities and nice breakfast. Room was very clean, fitness facility was good, and desk staff very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Susan T
DeR
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Needed a quick overnight room for a business-type trip. Booked this. Just wanting a shower and bed for one night. The room was fine although clearly a little older. It was clean enough. The manager checking me in was very polite and provided information. The next morning staff was a little stand-offish but didn't need to converse with them for any reason so didn't matter. Did not need pool or any other amenities but the limited Continental breakfast was very welcome for a quick bite before getting on the road again. Would book again for one night.

Room Tip: Check in a little early and request a river side room. You can get the key although the room may no...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary C
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Granted I pulled in late from the Louisiana side of the river heading to Baton Rouge and had no reservation. It was the first hotel in Natchez and I was tired but really for what I paid for a room this place was a ripoff. Did get a bit of a discount - asked for nonsmoking and since the only nonsmoking open was a king suite with a jacuzzi ($$$) I took a smoking and that no doubt added to the skank factor - but really if you find yourself in such a situation keep driving and try a different property because I can't imagine you doing any worse for the money.

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family