“Very nice B&B in Natchez!”

Bisland House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 40 Natchez B&B and Inns
Spanish Fort, Alabama
“Very nice B&B in Natchez!”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My wife and I were fortunate to get Michele's room for the 2011 Great Mississippi Balloon Race after it was cancelled the day before. We were a little concerned about the size of this upstairs bedroom but it was just fine!! We had access to the swing on the upstairs front porch and that was perfect for enjoying a cup of hot tea after waking up (Bryon made sure we had a pitcher of coffee and hot water waiting outside our door). Christine made us feel welcome the moment we arrived and made sure we had dinner reservations and the "scoop" for the balloon races. Bisland is close enough to walk to anywhere downtown. Breakfast was superb with Sunday offering the best French toast recipe we had EVER had!! Christine and Byron made sure we were "at home" our entire stay. I would highly recommend Bisland House!!

Room Tip: Michele's room where we stayed has a full size bed and a smaller bathroom but it was just fine...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Brandon
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This was my first experience in a B&B and it was everything I've heard, just a wonderful experience. Christine is so personable and accomodating. Her breakfast was absolutely decandent! The home is so tastefully decorated....and the sheets, OMGoodness, just heavenly!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This was our first trip to a B&B and it was great! Our Hosts were gracious and accommodating. Christine made sure we had everything we needed and then some. Byron made sure there was coffee near the
second floor upstairs balcony in the mornings. This was the best place for coffee in the morning, so peaceful. The Breakfasts were outstanding! could not have had better at a restaurant. We stayed in Jessie's room and the pictures on line did it no justice, the room was very spacious. we loved that the bathroom was en suite. We will definitely go back one day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Hingham, MA
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Christine and Byron offered us a warm welcome. Their home is just lovely, and the breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed our stay with them very much and would love to come back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Bisland House is very pretty, and Christine and her husband Byron will make you feel right at home in their home.

The house has a very warm, inviting mixture of antique furniture, stained glass windows, large rugs, pretty window treatments (I love lace sheers!), as well as a large screen TV (on which I watched a DVD on my stay there) which is unseen when not in use. It is in an antique-looking armoire, so even the modern electronics that make life nice do not disturb the elegance of the atmosphere. Byron showed me how to set it up. As their website says, you are welcome to use what is there.

The house has porch swings upstairs and downstairs. Each has a lovely, clean quilt thrown over it which makes the swing look and feel comfortable. If I had gone to Natchez when the weather was milder I would have spent more than a few moments on each of them. They must be incredible during October! Christine offered to set up fans outside, but I wasn’t brave enough to face the heat even with the fans.

The heat index for the day I left was 111 degrees at 2:00, with a possible high heat index of 125. The house was a little warm for me, especially downstairs on my first night in the main parlor, and one morning in the foyer where I sat to write a letter between 7:00 and 7:30 A.M. Most of the businesses I visited felt about the same. The humidity was really driving up the heat index. Christine had the door closed to my bedroom and a nice, powerful little fan on the floor to circulate the air, too. This gave the room a cooler feel than the rest of the house which made it pleasant.

Christine worked around my schedule so I could eat breakfast later than usual (9 AM), and somehow the temperature in the dining room was fine – better than 7:45 AM when I left. I was the only one there mid-week, and Christine sat and chatted with me while I finished my breakfast. That was very nice of her, and she is as pleasant to talk with as the other reviews will tell you. She gave me good directions to the site I was going to see, and to the restaurant I was going to for lunch.

There was freshly brewed coffee on a stand in the hallway upstairs, right outside my bedroom door in the morning. Wonderful! I stayed in the smaller room – Michelle’s Room. It was soooo clean, had its own little bathroom with a shower, a few antique pieces of furniture, a rather new mattress, and SHEETS YOU WON’T BELIEVE!! Soooo soft!!! You’ll have to touch ’em to believe me. If you fall in love with the sheets, Christine will tell you how to get your own.

Bisland House is in a great location for a tourist – which was one of the reasons I chose it in the first place. It was a great fit for me, and I would encourage others to stay there, too. At Bisland, it isn’t all about the house; it is about you and your stay in Natchez, and about the Tim’s hospitality. The house just adds flavor to your experience in a way that will make you want to return. It’s not a museum experience. It is like a home away from home. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
bislandhouse, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 August 2011
You are too kind to write such a wonderful review! Byron and I very much appreciate it! I enjoyed chatting with you at breakfast also. It is very hard to control the temperature in these old homes. We try our best with the central ac units and the fans. Can't wait for cooler weather! Christine
Bourg, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The momoent we arrived at the Bisland House our host welcomed us, arranged a carriage tour of downtown Natchez, and provided us with valuable information on sights and dining.
Our accomodations were of excellent quality with a romantic atmosphere that met our every expectation. This bed and breakfast is one of the best we have ever visited and we hope to able to enjoy it again one day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Christine is a so sweet, gracious, & accomodating. Byron very helpful, too. Both such nice folks.
House is so nice. Upper front porch a real treat. Room was exquisite. Whole house decorated beautifully. Comfortable.Close to places to visit.
We stayed in Jessi's Room. it was as pretty as the picture shown online. Bed was very comfortable. Linens are heavenly! Lots of pillows, too.
Food was fabulous!!! Served in a lovely dining room, on delightful dishes. Just made one feel so spoiled.
The only thing remotely less than perfect was the shower didn't have real hot water. But, otherwise every thing great.

Room Tip: Jessi's Room is terrific!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
bislandhouse, Owner at Bisland House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 July 2011
Thank you for your most kind review. Sorry about the bell pepper in the eggs. I try to be aware of guests likes and dislikes for breakfast. Next time, remind me and I will make sure you get something delicious but without bell pepper. :) Christine