“A great stay in Natchez”

Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Super convenient, friendly, clean, and nice staff. Stayed for a girls trip for spring pilgrimage. We had rooms right across the hall from each other. It was a great stay!! Close to antique shops and restaurants. The bar downstairs looked fun, we were just too tired.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Pros: The staff were polite, friendly and did what they could to help. Genuinely affable and every person went out of their way to try to help.
The hotel seems to have had a recent refurbishment, the facilities seem very new.
The breakfast was a good, regular southern breakfast.

Cons: It took over an hour to check us in because they couldn't find our booking. Turns out it was there and had just been missed as the person at the desk just didn't know how to use the system. We were the only people staying at the manor that day.
The WiFi was not available and the staff had no way of attempting to repair it. We wasted approximately another hour trying to find solutions, but nobody present was sure how it worked. Being part of a road trip, the promise of WiFi was critical in our choice of where to stay.
I feel if the staff were properly trained, these problems could have been avoided.
The windows overlook the street and there's no netting to stop a direct view into the room meaning you leave your curtains closed permanently.
The shower head needed replacing, the shower itself was good but the water was spraying in multiple directions.
The free parking was dubious, the spot in question outside the hotel had just 2 hours free parking, but we were just told by the staff that it was fine parking there anyway. The booking was advertised as having free parking.
The lighting was very bright in communal areas as though in a supermarket, created a strange ambiance.

Room Tip: Try not to be on the ground floor, the windows look directly onto the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ma0sm
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We wanted to get out of town for New Yeras and decided on Natchez! We enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and accomodating! Breakfast was delicious! Great location! Close to the casinos and shops!! Minnie and the rest of the staff are great and very welcoming! Our room was warm, clean, and welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently traveled to Natchez, MS and was going through the town and decided to stay the weekend. I heard about all the bed and breakfasts in Natchez so I decided to ride downtown and came upon the Natchez Manor. As I walked inside I was greated by the most friendliest people I think I have ever met. Mrs Minnie the front desk clerk and Mrs. Rebecca the general manager greated me with the warmest welcome I had ever had walking into a hotel. I had told them that I did not have a reservation but as I looked around and saw how beautiful and clean everything was I wanted to stay here. They told me that they had rooms available and let me look online and I chose the perfect one. I stayed in the Madison room 12. I came in on a Thursday night and was told upfront that there would be karaoke until midnight and also friday they were having an alpha fundraiser and a band saturday night. I thought how wonderful. I checked in and was taken to my room, you don't get that at any inn, and was showed where I would have breakfast the next morning and where the Piano Bar was where the events would be taken place and also the rooftop which was absolutely gorgeous. We proceeded to my room and as Mrs. Rebecca opened the door I was blown away. Throughout the entire place I have mnever seen such beautiful antiques. Each room was dressed a different way and was so nice.

That night I went downstairs to see what the karaoke was all about and had a blast. They had $5 drink specials and different drinks specials that all tasted wonderful. I had some chicken wings as well that were cooked to profection. The next morning I was again greeted with warmth and welcome as I drank a hot cup of coffee and had a delicous hot full breakfast and had the most amazing conversation with Mrs. Minnie and learned so much about natchez and the natchez manor.

I went out and shopped at the antique stores that were right in the heart just a few blocks from the manor.

Saturday night I had gone downstairs and enjoyed listening the the blues band that they had playing.

All in all I had the best stay of my time and would highly recommend the Natchez Manor. It is so beautiful, clean and has the most wonderful staff and management that make you feel right at home. This was my home away from home and Will most definately come back.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful stay and all the pleasentries that you showed me the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank A N
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and i found this place on the web, and it looked absolutely wonderful. We arrived and it Was! The personell just doted on us all weekend long. We were greeted a wonderful person named Miss MInnie, who made our stay very enjoyable. The location is perfect and very conducive to touring the City. Now to the only problem we had with our stay, at night the BB gets very busy, and very loud with locals . Would we stay again, Yes due to the personalized service and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I come to Natchez quite often, we were actually married at The Burn. We have also stayed at the Eola since it was centrally located to everything. It was booked, so I came across the Natchez Manor. The Website was very inviting , the rooms looked great, updated and clean. So I booked it! When we arrived, there was a sweet lady, Mrs. Minnie there to greet us. She was very pleasant (2nd day on the job) and was very helpful. The Manager was kind enough to inform us of a fashion show that evening and gave us the option to change rooms and really encouraged us to move upstairs away from the Bar area, which we did. It was noisy that first night and we thought the Manor was to be this luxurious Place, boutique Bed and Breakfast ( and it was), BUT at night, it turns into a Nightlife Hangout for Locals. Although we were not expecting that, our overall experience was great. The Place is absolutley gorgeous, the Dinner we had from the Restaurant was fresh and delicious, they brought us breakfast in the mornings which was good and had coffee for us when we wanted it. The Service was great and everyone was so friendly. By reading previous reviews, it looks as though there have been struggles with service and Staffing, but during our stay, we could not have asked for nicer people and they accomdated us in every way. My only concern for future guests would be the Noise and the people sociallizing there late night. If you don't mind the Nightlife noise, then I would definitly say to give it a try.......everything else was very enjoyable and I would definitly stay there again depending on what events are scheduled for that weekend.

Room Tip: If you want to be away from the noise, choose a room upstairs. The Empress Enyla was wonderful . Als...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Rooms are clean. There was an all night private birthday party that was suppose to be in the piano bar that extended into the halls untill 2am. The management did nothing to accomadate the horrible experience as a matter of fact she was tending bar and completely aware of the situation. There we about 150 people lottering in the doorways and entrance of the B&B and the was no place to park. The atmosphere felt very unsafe. Not what you expect at all after paying the rates we were charged.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple